Ffw Sounding Strange

p_ruskin

Right, so i gave my bike a clean with a power washer yesterday after it got extremely muddy down at the local moto club

Since i cleaned it my freewheel has sounded rather strange (its an SL)

Before the engagements were very loud and responsive, but now its a very dull and quiet sound with a fainter clicking noise.

I thought maybe it was full of water so i left it to dry out overnight, but it still sound the same and doesn't seem to pick up as fast as before

Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? Would a good spray with some GT85 sort it out?

All advice appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.

Right, so i gave my bike a clean with a power washer yesterday after it got extremely muddy down at the local moto club

Since i cleaned it my freewheel has sounded rather strange (its an SL)

Before the engagements were very loud and responsive, but now its a very dull and quiet sound with a fainter clicking noise.

I thought maybe it was full of water so i left it to dry out overnight, but it still sound the same and doesn't seem to pick up as fast as before

Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? Would a good spray with some GT85 sort it out?

All advice appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.

I did this, it gets filled with water. Takes a while for it to return to normal, but it will eventually. however I would'nt do it again :giggle:

Ahh right, GT85 should do the trick then, cheers!

Yeah should do, just be careful becuase I found it skipped a little for the first few days :( . Then after a week it returned back to normal and regained its sound and engagement

Edited by koxxboy14

SLs come 'dry' from the factory, so whenever you get water in them it's a good idea to spray something like GT-85 in them to stop the chance of them rusting up/messing up. You don't need to strip them down - just spray it through the gap between the driveshell and the side of the freewheel and that should do the trick (Y)