Please Close Its Been Dealt With :d

F.N.G

As you can see im quiting trials. I dont see the point of doing it no more, I have not got no where in the last 3 months, the only thing I can do in that period of time is bunny hop.

I cant do it no more. I SUCK! (N)

Edited by F.N.G

Hello.

The first point I will make is that this is a pretty useless thread to make. It won't achieve anything.

The second one is that perseverance is the only way to master things.

You might also be learning thins the wrong way. By this I mean, if you are trying to learn to pedal kick without using the wheelie-stop method, you are doing it wrong and it will take longer.

Now, get the f**k back on your bike and don't give up!

As you can see im quiting trials. I dont see the point of doing it no more, I have not got no where in the last 3 months, the only thing I can do in that period of time is bunny hop.

and you won't with an attitude like that. Just keep going and eventually you'll get there (Y)

No... I wont trust me

If you want to whine and complain and be depressed, do it somewhere else.

If you want to ride trials, get on your bike.

If you want to know what you're doing wrong, video yourself and show us and we'll tell you.

I've been trying to do tricks and stuff on bikes for 11 years and I still suck, it all comes down to the amount of practice you put in, the more you ride the better you get, trials aint' easy, to me thats the point of it.

keep trying, it'll feel well good when you finally learn stuff that you've been trying for ages. If you can't do one thing learn something else (variants on the bunnyhop for instance, try and put the kick into a bunnyhop), instead of trying again and again on one thing make a little section that forces you to do things that you find hard.

takes me ages to learn stuff, don't stress about it

Edited by thispartisrequired

Yeh but I want to think positive then i see people who have been riding the same amount of time as me and the same age, they can do loads.

So? Some people learn things instantly.

This might not be you.

There is a certain element of chance with learning anyway, you might get the technique right in 3 goes, or 100, or 1000000.

I can't ollie, I'm still going to go and try it until I can.

OOH! I'm learning that too, I can do it sometimes. But I still want to ollie too. I have a shortlongboard, here's a picture -

lush_tula_iso2.jpg

Sweeet shlongboard, I ride a regular double kick one, albeit badly, just older school than i should be, hardly any smooth ground where i live though and i'm not gunna drive somewhere to practice.

I found a real good tutorial video by some kid, its quite easy once you get the 'pop', the no-comply is a bit of a different matter

i've seen in your profile you have only 12 years old...you are very young, you have a lot of time for to get a good level on your bike. This is a great sport, don't quit of it (Y)

Sweeet shlongboard, I ride a regular double kick one, albeit badly, just older school than i should be, hardly any smooth ground where i live though and i'm not gunna drive somewhere to practice.

I found a real good tutorial video by some kid, its quite easy once you get the 'pop', the no-comply is a bit of a different matter

Yeah, smooth ground is nice. The carpark where I live is smooth.

I like going for a trundle on it but its much better on roads, which is where you find cars and potholes, both of which ruin your ride.

If you can find that tutorial, send it to me! I looked at no-complys as well, but I think that's going to be after ollies.

i've seen in your profile you have only 12 years old...you are very young, you have a lot of time for to get a good level on your bike. This is a great sport, don't quit of it (Y)

Thanks dude, that makes me want to just run outside and ride while i can!

Infact... :shifty:

Yeah, smooth ground is nice. The carpark where I live is smooth.

I like going for a trundle on it but its much better on roads, which is where you find cars and potholes, both of which ruin your ride.

If you can find that tutorial, send it to me! I looked at no-complys as well, but I think that's going to be after ollies.

yeah i'll have a look now, no-complys look like a right pain in the knee and trials gives me enough of that

Yeah, I had a litle go and it does hurt, beating your board aganst your knee.

I want to learn to pump as well. Being able to skate without needing to push myself along would be a good skill, but I dunno how to do it. I can do it on a bike, but I can't do it on a board.

Yeah, I had a litle go and it does hurt, beating your board aganst your knee.

I want to learn to pump as well. Being able to skate without needing to push myself along would be a good skill, but I dunno how to do it. I can do it on a bike, but I can't do it on a board.

i cant pump at all, theres a guy in portsmouth i see skating about a lot who can pump like a nutter, he actually accelerates doesn't just keep his momentum. its cool to see

yeah i'll have a look now, no-complys look like a right pain in the knee and trials gives me enough of that

Backside 180 no-complys are easier believe it or not. I learnt to Boneless with about 30 variants of that and the Beanplant.

If you want to learn to pump, get to a skatepark that has plenty of transitions and you'll pick it up in no time.

EDIT: OP, quit sucking your thumb and get back on your bike. 3 months is nothing.

Edited by Luke Dunstan

Stop trying to be a master of trials so quickly. Just go out and have a laugh, and just chill with your mates!

Agreed. I've been riding trials in one way or another since 2004; at my current level i can't gap more than about 7ft at a push, i've done one sidehop, i shit myself dropping anything more than about 3 foot, but i like bunnyhopping up things, manualling around and generally having a really good day outside with good mates on a tank of a bike that's just fun.

Change your perspective of trials, it'll come.