Revell Trials Frames

trials26

Hi all

so... on eBay the Revell trials frames crop up now and then, I'm concerned with 26" frame

they seem a little cheap? is there a reason for that? anyone rode one any experience of one?

I guess a catch is only having the option of a disc brake... Always rode rim brakes myself so...

any comments would be great

thanks

They are great for street trials, they manual and spin really well and bunnyhop beautifully.

the problem lies with the disc only mount and the fact that it is way too short for normal trials stuff, also the chainstays are long and the bb is low.

If you do ride streety stuff then by all means get one, also as it is steel you can get maggie or v mounts brazed on really easily. Just did it on my own one and has made me love the frame even more.

Hi matey

Thanks for the detailed reply! They look a nice frame and like you say geared to being a bit streety!

I would have to get a Magura mount brazed on! They don't look too long which is good as I prefer shorter! The horizontal drops I don't think I'm fond of either

Thanks buddy

Nothing wrong with them man! Rode one for a few years back in the day thanks to chris and rob doney!! There pretty rad frames, besides the rev got me through many british rounds! (meaning you can do natural as well on it) so bit more than not good for much.

the geometry was taken from a leeson clear 660, but as leesons have the 360 mounts and revell wanted horizontal dropouts, this makes them the chainstays loooooooooooong as they never compensated for it. but yeah if you like short and spinny they are fine. ive seen them with vee and magura mounts before though not just disc only. but yeah, steel is real

Hey

Thanks for all the feedback, some good comments too!

Interesting the geo is from the Leeson! In not a fan of the 360 drop but it's a good idea!

Not horizontal but I guess with the right chain tensioner?

Steel has always been a nicer feeling frame to ride I must add! Once had a planetx pitbull! Classic!

Well I've gone from keen to not keen to quite intrigued now.. The shorter geo would be better for me! I look drowned on anything with a long wheelbase, and to be fair their cheap on eBay - could be worth giving a shot...

Thanks

Hi matey

Thanks for the detailed reply! They look a nice frame and like you say geared to being a bit streety!

I would have to get a Magura mount brazed on! They don't look too long which is good as I prefer shorter! The horizontal drops I don't think I'm fond of either

Thanks buddy

Ihad the mod one but snapped it unlucky chain stay