To Boost, Or Not To Boost.

Luke Dunstan

Forgive my complete ignorance, having never run one, but are they permanent fixtures? :P

Take it off and try, first hand knowledge > second hand knowledge, at least with things like this...

Forgive my complete ignorance, having never run one, but are they permanent fixtures? :P

Take it off and try, first hand knowledge > second hand knowledge, at least with things like this...

Because I'm at work without my bike, Just getting some opinions before I try it really.

But you're right, first hand on this sort of thing is best. (Y)

Booster will increase hold, may decrease bite and noise.

(Y)

People will say fitting a booster makes the brake 'worse' - but it's usually down to setup or decrease in noise (and therefore perceived reduction in performance).

• Like 1

I agree with Adam. I fitted a TNN setup to my old 07 Python (with built in brake booster) as it didn't fit my because so I had to steal the mounts off the Zoo, the brake had started to fade terribly as my poor grind had all but worn away. Once the booster and clamps were on though the brake was immense, was as if I'd just stuck a nice fresh grind on!