Echo Sl Freewheel Number 2

gage-mann

Hey all,

As i was out before i heard this loud click as i gapped to front so i went to check my chain links, and spotted that the fixed part of the freewheel has a crack right threw to the crank threads, was wondering if it has threaded the crank in the process of snap/cracking would i be able to get new cranks? because i really dont see why i should have to pay for new cranks when i payed for a new freewheel and its done this! I would ring tarty but thats going to have to wait till monday.

Thanks

Hey all,

As i was out before i heard this loud click as i gapped to front so i went to check my chain links, and spotted that the fixed part of the freewheel has a crack right threw to the crank threads, was wondering if it has threaded the crank in the process of snap/cracking would i be able to get new cranks? because i really dont see why i should have to pay for new cranks when i payed for a new freewheel and its done this! I would ring tarty but thats going to have to wait till monday.

Thanks

Liam norwood has cracked the inner ring twice, sounds like the same thing.

It shouldnt affect the threads though :)

• Like 1

yea i jumped off as soon as i heard the horrible sound it made but i think the bashring has moved postion which makes me think it threaded, it felt like it threaded as i preloaded and heard the click, the ffw feels stiff now but it did'nt untill it went click but i will have a look at the threads tomorrow :turned:

Edited by gage-mann

yea i jumped off as soon as i heard the horrible sound it made but i think the bashring has moved postion which makes me think it threaded, it felt like it threaded as i preloaded and heard the click, the ffw feels stiff now but it did'nt untill it went click but i will have a look at the threads tomorrow :turned:

yup i've done the same thing twice , it's an absoulute f**ker, don't excpect it from a high end free wheel , tarty will should replace it, i would recommend riding it as it is till monday, as they do work just stiff, (if your that desperate) good luck, don't think should effect the threads though as said, no real reason for cracking, i don't think, just bad batch of inner rings i believe,....if mine breaks again and tarrty won't replace it's gunna be a second hand tensile as they seem more reliable then these expensive pieces of shit.

• Like 4

There isn't a 'trials' King that only accepts a '6 speed cassette' - think you might have it mistaken with a Hope Pro 2 T...

I donno why i thought it could take a 6 speed cassette, ur proberly right, i got confused. :lol:

Well i mean a chris king single speed vs the other ones

Urggg, my heads gone mush :lol: