Strong Square Taper Bb

Theta2

Nobody seems to understand the question. You used "square taper bb" and "strong" in one sentence.

Haha, Just looking for one with bearings that may last a bit longer as I seem to be replacing mine after every few rides, and I don't really want to change my 'Burns

Edited by Theta2

I'm still using a Shimano UN52 that I bought in 2004, but it's creaking and crunching like a bitch these days. I'm too attached to it to replace though... What are you using?

These, but they creak and crunch too easy :/

These, but they creak and crunch too easy :/

Im using a hope ti square taper, replaceable bearings off the shelf and pretty strong axle, Ive no issues with it but then Im not exactly heavy on bottom brackets.

I'm still using a Shimano UN52 that I bought in 2004, but it's creaking and crunching like a bitch these days. I'm too attached to it to replace though... What are you using?

I used to use UN52's back when I was running square taper they were fair good to be honest, took some hefty abuse....

Maybe I should just try another :/ To be honest I don't know how long the one I've got in has lasted cos I've got that many square taper bb's in my shed I've lost track of which ones are new :lol: Clear out and a new BB this weekend :)

Maybe I should just try another :/ To be honest I don't know how long the one I've got in has lasted cos I've got that many square taper bb's in my shed I've lost track of which ones are new :lol: Clear out and a new BB this weekend :)

Do you by any chance jetwash your bike?

I have got a spare hope ti BB, but its for 73mm bb shell though but you can just wind the lockrings on a touch more, you might have an issue with bashguard clearance :unsure:

Its 122mm spindle length, I have the same BB (but for 68mm shell) on mine and theres a fair amount of clearance between the cups and the inner diameter of the bashguard.

Do you by any chance jetwash your bike?

I never jetwash it :/ Probably just got one in there that's been going for years, are any of the ones on tarty any better than UN54's bearing-wise? Could possibly order a Hope through work :)

I never jetwash it :/ Probably just got one in there that's been going for years, are any of the ones on tarty any better than UN54's bearing-wise? Could possibly order a Hope through work :)

Just wondering, jetwash are the devils own work when it comes to bearings :D

IMHO you have to do well to beat the bearings on the higher spec shimano BBs (un52/54/72), just pick up a new one and see how long it lasts.

You wont be able to order a hope ti BB, theyve not made them for years :(