Brake Pads For Hope Mono Trial.

ForrestDump

I've been looking for some new brake pads for my Hope mono trial so I decided to shop around to see what would be best. Initially I would have gone with Hope pads, however while shopping around I found that Nuke Proof make brake pads for the mono trial brake. Therefore I would like to know if anyone has used these pads before and if they are better than the Hope ones.

The Nuke Proof's are available in 3 different types, DH, Enduro and Trail, each with a different spec, so if I were to buy Nuke Proof pads instead of Hope I would also like to know what type would be the best for trials.

Thanks,

James.

Edited by ForrestDump

The Nuke Proof's are available in 3 different types, DH, Enduro and Trial, each with a different spec, so if I were to buy Nuke Proof pads instead of Hope I would also like to know what type would be the best for trials.

Presumably the trials ones, or is that too simple?

• Like 2

Presumably the trials ones, or is that too simple?

Oops, haha I got the 'i' and the 'a' the wrong way around, so, not Trial, but Trail. However If there was a 'Trials' pad then yes that would be the best. (Y)

Edited by ForrestDump

Hes got a point, they could mean cycle trials (Y)

Did you just sink to a new personal best?

"Trial" might not mean "cycle trials" but could mean "cycle trials" instead?!

In more helpful news; If you've never had a desire for better performance from the standard Hope pads, get those again.

If you want to try something new and the reviews are good, by all means give the NPs a shot :)

Is that in the same way that Dick doesn't have to mean Richard?

Indeed. However I have corrected the error now, Nuke Proof pads are available in DH, Enduro and Trail. So back on topic, what pads should I go for? Hope or one of the Nuke Proof pads?

In more helpful news; If you've never had a desire for better performance from the standard Hope pads, get those again.

If you want to try something new and the reviews are good, by all means give the NPs a shot :)

Ok thanks, no reviews had been left on chainreaction so I thought I would try and get some on here.

Did you just sink to a new personal best?

"Trial" might not mean "cycle trials" but could mean "cycle trials" instead?!

I wasnt doubting him, i was AGREEING with him. :-

TRAIL COMPOUND

Good initial bite

Very short bed-in time

Low noise

ENDURO COMPOUND

Strong initial bite

Fade resistant

Low noise

DOWNHILL (DH) COMPOUND

High Heat resistance

Superior performance in wet and dry conditions

Strong and consistent braking over wide range of speeds

pasted from there website if that helps.

TRAIL COMPOUND

Good initial bite

Very short bed-in time

Low noise

ENDURO COMPOUND

Strong initial bite

Fade resistant

Low noise

DOWNHILL (DH) COMPOUND

High Heat resistance

Superior performance in wet and dry conditions

Strong and consistent braking over wide range of speeds

pasted from there website if that helps.

I saw this in the description section on Chain Reaction, however I wanted to know if any of these pads would be better than the standard Hope ones, I was unsure as the pads were classed as DH, Trail and Enduro, all of which very different types of riding compared to trials but all three pads for a trials caliper. That’s why I wanted to see if anyone had used any of these Nuke Proof pads for trials and what they thought of them.

I saw this in the description section on Chain Reaction, however I wanted to know if any of these pads would be better than the standard Hope ones, I was unsure as the pads were classed as DH, Trail and Enduro, all of which very different types of riding compared to trials but all three pads for a trials caliper. That’s why I wanted to see if anyone had used any of these Nuke Proof pads for trials and what they thought of them.

The trail compounds low bed in time points towards it maybe being a slightly softer compound, which sounds good for the trials side of things. Then again, I haven't tried them and just guessing!