Why Is It Usually Younger People That Ride Mods?

piperfraz

mods looks so gay

but they are so much fun

I m now riding mod for a few month and it just so awesome

I look gay but I have fun

and I do big bunny ups and brakeless manuals (Y)

on serious note

mods are nice if you have weak body and you like to spin a lot

mods looks so gay

but they are so much fun

I m now riding mod for a few month and it just so awesome

I look gay but I have fun

and I do big bunny ups and brakeless manuals (Y)

on serious note

mods are nice if you have weak body and you like to spin a lot

i can 360 static on my stock now. wonder how far i could get around on a mod these days?! :)

Im 29m this year and ride mod....I dont particularly care how I look.Saying that I ride ALOT of natural in hidden away places much of the time by myself so its not really a factor looking gay.

Ride whatever...mods,24's or stock.Just enjoy it.

• Like 5

Im 29m this year and ride mod....I dont particularly care how I look.Saying that I ride ALOT of natural in hidden away places much of the time by myself so its not really a factor looking gay.

Ride whatever...mods,24's or stock.Just enjoy it.

Well said.

When older/taller looking riders get on my bike (mod). I can't help but cringe to death. Just looks so stupid.

Think it's what suits you to be honest. If I was a few feet taller i'd try stock. But at the moment a stock to me feels like im trying to shag a whale.

• Like 5

Last time i had a go on a mod it was an onza comp. If i stood up straight the handlebars didn't clear my knees. When you get older and have been riding longer mods tend to begin to limit you. Moving to stock bikes is just an advancement of your riding as things that would need to be negotiated on a mod can just be rolled over on a stock.

I personally think the size-confidence factor plays a part as well. I would never trust doing something big on a mod because the bike is just so small, whereas a stock bike feels like if something were to go wrong, i'd be more likely to ride it out relatively unscathed. Maybe that would change if i rode mod more, but i wouldn't have thought so.

Obviously there are exceptions to everything and theres probably some 7 foot tall 40 year old hurtling himsellf off buildings on a mod somewhere.