Helmets

Pete.M

Hey, I'm looking to get a new helmet but i'm unsure as to what I want so can anyone give me some recommendations? Under £40 preferably.

And what's your preference; Urban/dirt jump or XC style?

Cheers.

I got a Met Mythos from tartys, pretty cheap and does the job perfectly.

im looking for one myself hate piss pot helmets personally which only really leaves met and giro which looks bland to me

Fox flux.

Can get them on MX1 for £45 :)

that looks the business in black camo think i'll get my mate to order one for me with staff discount :P

edit only £40 here if you like white and have a fat head http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=61138&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Google-Products-UK

Edited by old'scoolfool

im looking for one myself hate piss pot helmets personally which only really leaves met and giro which looks bland to me

that looks the business in black camo think i'll get my mate to order one for me with staff discount :P

edit only £40 here if you like white and have a fat head http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=61138&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Google-Products-UK

I was going to get mine from there, but they only had white with pink on it ones in stock

or maybe that was a giro, i dont remember! haha :)

Yeah I use a fox flux helmet, I don't even know I'm wearing it, aside from that it has a little extra protection around the back of the helmet.

Alot of people say they don't fit them well but if you adjust all the straps (properly) which takes a good half hour of putting the helmet on and of in the end it does fit very nicely, most people wouldn't spend that much time adjusting straps in thier LBS though.

I prefer the XC style lids for ALL my bicycle riding because they bassically offer the same level of protection as a skate style lid but has more vents and crumples upon impact not leaving you with a headache.

Good luck.

Tried a 661 Recon on a while ago and it was perfect, so nice and light, ordered one up last week

Nice one josh, I got to admit They are pretty nice.

At the moment I'm using this

L_08InstinctBlk.jpg

Its very nice and comfortable, but I may need a new one soon as The peak breaks easily.. and It makes you sweat a lot more than any other helmet :(

Edited by F.N.G

Nice one josh, I got to admit They are pretty nice.

At the moment I'm using this

l_07instinctblk_large.jpg

Its very nice and comfortable, but I may need a new one soon as The peak breaks easily.. and It makes you sweat a lot more than any other helmet :(

Uh, link doesn't work for me.

I ended up buying this: MET Falco

It fits pretty good.