"anonymous" Dutch Biketrial Rider Rides Over New Built Bridge

omgnoseat

A video popped up where an "anonymous" dutch biketrial rider rides over a new built bridge in a news show here in holland. I believe it was also in the newspaper but I don't know since this happend in a different region.

I'm not trying to blow this thing up because it's been done many times, but here's a translation of the things he says in the video (in chronological order) for people who are interested what they're saying:

Rider:

- "I just have to ride on concentrated and it will be alright."

- "I wouldn't do this if I wouldn't be able to do it, I wouldn't do this if I would endanger other people. And I feel like I haven't done that."

News reporter:

- "He talks about it quite soberly, the man who rode over the bridge tuesday evening. He wants to tell his story anonymously because he's afraid the police might show up at his front door."

- "The footage you're seeing is real and shown on television for the first time"

Rider:

"It's not like I would do this every day, the weather was perfect; almost no wind, it's basically all mental and you just ride over it."

News reporter:

"According to the stuntman it's relatively un-dangerous, but PRO-RAIL (dutch railway service) doesn't agree."

PRO-RAIL dude:

"We're thinking about placing a temporary fence where the bridge in addition to the small gap between the ledges, so it will be even more difficult to get on the arc. We're going to look into building something long term on the bridge after that so we can scare people away. We're aware that we can't stop every idiot, but we're going to do our best."

News reporter:

"PRO-RAIL reported the biker to the police, but the biker who rode over the bridge won't be doing it anymore."

Rider:

"Something like this is a one time thing, after that you just search for something new."

Interviewer:

"So you're not going to do it another time"?

Rider:

"No definitely not, I'm going to search for something new."

Let's respect his desire to stay anonymous and not mention any names please.

Google and the bridge owner? http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dutch+biketrial+rider+bridge+who+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Cool - but posting the vid here would only have one outcome, people naming the rider :(

Yeah I figured people would. The video is on a public youtube page where people can call names in the comments aswell. So it shouldn't really cause any more harm to post it here.