What Are The Advantages Of 04 Magura's Over Newer Models

koxxboy14

Hi,

Did a search but could'nt find anything. So my question is what are the advantages of running an 04 magura over newer models?. I ask this becuase I have seen andrei using them in this recent videos, and ben savage also had them on his prototype rockman posted a few months back in bike pictures

Any Help would be appreciated

Cheers (Y)

Before I sacked them off all together, I was a firm believer in the '04 model.

The last rim brake I bought was an Echo TR because:

The '11s had only just come out and so were almost completely untested/unproven, and the only things I HAD heard were that people had difficulties bleeding them, and they were prone to leaking. (Still don't know how true these accounts are, but they put me way off.)

The '05s crack unless you grind a certain triangle off the side of the body, a fair few of the clamps snapped, and I personally hate the shaping/feel of the lever blade.

The '04s were long since discontinued, and I wanted to buy brand new.

The SL was just far too expensive for my budget.

Having got the TR, I was disappointed. Very spongy, a little leaky, and can't take a water bleed.

Only downside to the '04s was the TPA, and that was easily fixed with a bolt.

Please sign my petition: Bring back the '04 Magura HS33!

• Like 1

in regards to the 11's i can see how people would have issues bath bleeding with water etc as you cant realy open up both ends of the line to let water in without using a syringe. Also the manual sais only to undo the spanner fitting on the level until 3 threads appear outside the level body. I followed this exactly the first time i bled mine and it worked great. the second time i loosened it off by one extra thread and oil leaked leaving it spungy and i had to re-bleed. It was fine after though. The levers are not the most comfortable but there ok. I upgraded from 04's only because one of mine broke. I dont notice much in the way of performance gains at all. As for Andrei i noticed his brakes when we rode up dartmoor the other saturday, i think he just likes the 04's more than later models and hasnt realy tried the 11's yet.

• Like 1

I gotta say I really did hate the 05 ones for years but when I run out of old style ones I had to buy them, after I ground my body down to strop the cracking iv got to like them now, really good amount of power with the 4 finger blade