Ebay Waste Of Time!

juzz80

Rather peed of, just won a MAD Phase 1.1 for £100.03 then got a message from the seller to say it sold earlier today for £180, but couldn't get on eBay to remove it.... So he obviously didn't want to sell it that cheap. Why not put a reserve on it!!! Looks like I got to get a new wheel etc now for my onza :-(

Na nothing out their. Iv got a mod but it needs a new back wheel and tyre which from tartybikes is going to cost me £100, the in laws were going to lend me £170 towards a bike so I was well chuffed when I won this one for £100. Bloke obviously doesn't want it goin that cheap so he should of put a reserve on it. So now I don't know what to do, get new wheel or wait for weeks for a cheap one to come up. Plus where I'm a beginner I like to get out and have a play most nights...

You may as well fix what you've got, you'll end up with a better bike then.

I dunno what spec your mod is, but you could have a bike with an entry level spec and a pimp rear wheel, or a completely entry level phase.

If you can still get that money, use the extra £70 on a freewheel.

this happens to my gf loads when she buying toys for my little boy.she wins them for like a quid or so,so she pays for them straight away and then recieves a message saying sorry item already sold.yeh right of course it is.why put a 99p starting price if your not prepared to sell it for that amount.its so annoying as there brand new toys and they could easy put a starting price alot higher

I gotta say ebay was amasing untill i started buying parts for my bike! brought a DMR Rhythem about a month ago came yesterday, cranks and pedals are on so tight i'd swear they had been welded! and i discovered a massive crack in the top tube. So its only fit for the bin really! Sold a set of forks for 99p last week was upset they sold for that but they are RST so im not bothered and only worth that, but they aint paid and now my ebay invoice is bouncing and item is sat packaged ready to go..! I'm giving up with ebay! Although my megamo + spares for £45 posted is ace and the seller was brilliant! So can't tar everyone with the same brush!

Sorry about the rant ^_^