Worthing Trials Park Petition

dannytrialskid

• 2 months later...

You are?? Awesome! We have to meet, I live 20 mins from there at the most. Can bring a few locals too, how long you staying for? I'll add you on Facebook if you like, we'd just clog up this thread with OT info. :P

You are?? Awesome! We have to meet, I live 20 mins from there at the most. Can bring a few locals too, how long you staying for? I'll add you on Facebook if you like, we'd just clog up this thread with OT info. :P

Haha yeah I am :) Yupp agreed, even though my English aren't that good. That sounds cool, but I can't be able to bring my bike! :(

Yeah add me on Facebook, my name is "William Pramfalk". :)

• 5 months later...

Someone topic jogged my memory on this.

Haven't heard from them since June, which sucks. I have tried emailing them a few times, but they haven't replied.

I have sent out one last email to them today and will give them about 3 weeks, or maybe just after Christmas to get in contact with me. If not, I will just go down their office with a few local riders to find out what is happening and to see if we can further persuade them.

They said they agreed to make it happen, just don't know why there has been any contact for the last 5, nearly 6, months.

The video of barrow you added was awesome, the gaps up to back were so powerful! great moves, super smooth, only critism is that you say in the petition about BMX and being told to go to skate parks then show a video to people who have no clue of trials a guy on a 20" which may look like a bmx to them, i would of used a stock video personally to get away from the bmx look and show its a differnt sport totally, other wise pefect, hope it works out

• Like 1

Guys this could be far from you but like previous stated this could get a pattern going. (ive signed btw) here where i live me and few local riders have started our petition for a "skatepark" in our village. We have only been running for a small time and need as much help as possible at getting our bike park built aswell. We have set up a fb page which has a link to a very veeeery short survey if any body at all could like our page and fill in our survey it would be great help. Also riders of worthing we try to support you by sharing your partition page. oh and we are being allowed to design our park if things go well so sorry bmxers, skater's etc this park is going to be special :P.

https://www.facebook.com/TeynhamSkatePark?ref=hl

Thanks everyone.

If you want them to take you seriously you need to head down to the council offices/find out who it is you need to speak do and knock at their door a few times and meet him/her face to face, then keep nagging and check up on the situation every week or so. it's no good you saying " I don't know why they haven't contacted me for 6 months" , they don't want to contact you, you want them to spend their money on you guys, you need to contact them.

If someone asks you to spend your money by sending you an email what do you do ?...delete it...if someone sends you 20 letters, you throw them in the bin......if you have 10-15 lads all stood in front of you,that's when you listen.

getting the council to do anything is always a slow process, you need to stick with it, keep nagging. try get yourself into the committee meetings/groups and ask questions about the trials park every time.

It sounds pretty promising, but definitely stop relying on them to do any work for you what so ever.

• Like 1

Yeah me and Dan and maybe a few other riders will head down there soon enough, I'll help offer to build it and design it and I'm sure the other local riders will too. You are right though Liam, we need to just keep pestering them. Would be amazing if we could get an indoor space, or even outdoors with a dome

if you have 10-15 lads all stood in front of you,that's when you listen.

I wouldn't do that, it'd look better for maybe one or two of you go down and speak to them rather than going as a big messy group. And it's more than just pestering them, you need to research the location, the price range your asking for any sort of government grants that might be eligible for it. Then if you really are serious about it you'll have to organise meetings for it, or at least find out when a public council meeting is then go to that and raise it in any other business or something similar, and that way it's not just a communication with you, you'll have the response f anybody else there.

Really it's a long process and if you're expecting to just continually ask for a new one you're not going to get anywhere, you'll have to at the very least do most of the initial work.

I wouldn't do that, it'd look better for maybe one or two of you go down and speak to them rather than going as a big messy group. And it's more than just pestering them, you need to research the location, the price range your asking for any sort of government grants that might be eligible for it.

If only 2 lads show up for all the council know it could be just them who ride, no matter how many names are on a petition. 10 lads don't all have to go down and talk, but 10 could go down and 2 could do the speaking...but yeah, not going to be easy to get the council to do anything.

If only 2 lads show up for all the council know it could be just them who ride, no matter how many names are on a petition. 10 lads don't all have to go down and talk, but 10 could go down and 2 could do the speaking...but yeah, not going to be easy to get the council to do anything.

I still think it would be better to have a small number go in than a big group of young people who haven't done much work into what they're asking. It's good to have a lot of riders go in to a meeting to show support and numbers, but for going in and asking to be taken seriously a big group isn't necessary or that beneficial. A few serious kids who can look like they know what they're talking about would be better than a big group who think they can just go in asking for a new skatepark.

I'm with bikeperson45 on this, I'm not sure how much legwork dan has done but I think we're riding tomorrow so will speak to him about it then. I was looking at warehouses the other day and they can vary but cheapest for around 1000sqft is about £10k a year. Also, I reckon there would be funding from government available, so I will have a look. Cheers for your input though guys