Blisters

isitafox

When I was out this morning I got a blister on each of my hands below my little fingers as I didn't bother with gloves (silly me!) and both of them burst whilst I was still riding which means I am now in pain and cannot grip stuff properly.

As the weatherman has granted us a nice week and I've got a good few chances to get out and ride I need some tips on how I can get these to either heal up or not hurt as much so I can still ride.

Any ideas??

When I was out this morning I got a blister on each of my hands below my little fingers as I didn't bother with gloves (silly me!) and both of them burst whilst I was still riding which means I am now in pain and cannot grip stuff properly.

As the weatherman has granted us a nice week and I've got a good few chances to get out and ride I need some tips on how I can get these to either heal up or not hurt as much so I can still ride.

Any ideas??

Tape them up, and wear gloves over the top.

Surgical spirit again, or ghetto it with vinegar or Iodine to clean and harden the skin. And tape (micro-pore or strips of duck-tape as electrical tape never seems sticky enough.

Those webbed plasters for toes/heels also work relatively well, especuially if you ensure your hands are very clean (spirits on washed hands then left to dry, then rub sugar on the skin, this absorbs the oils and helps stuff stick) I recently split the web between my thumb and forefinger and went riding the next day doing it this way, sure it hurt but no pain, no gain.

Also if you have a loose flap of skin, remove it when you can, that'll help it heal. Mine stayed in place overnight then was all sticky in the morning, removed it with razor blade and it had dried and healed more by lunchtime then it did overnight.

Edited by shamus

barrier cream. use it at college at it really hardens your skin up but i have rather rough hands as i have always ridden with ought gloves and when i was working as a laborer i wasnt using gloves and now at college having a trowel in one hand and brick in the other

but when i first started bricklaying i did get a little blister on my thumb i just left it alone it went solid and fell off :)

both of them burst whilst I was still riding which means I am now in pain and cannot grip stuff properly.

Superglue. It'll sting like a motherf**ker so just get it on as quick as possible and grit your teeth. It'll dry hard, won't peel off and will stick the skin back down if it's loose. After ten minutes it won't hurt at all and you'll be riding fine.

Superglue. It'll sting like a motherf**ker so just get it on as quick as possible and grit your teeth. It'll dry hard, won't peel off and will stick the skin back down if it's loose. After ten minutes it won't hurt at all and you'll be riding fine.

Wasn't super glue invented for medicinal use in the war?