Short Progress Vid

isitafox

Here's the vid I recorded yesterday. Nothing special or smooth, no real lines at all just a few sidehops, attempts at a gap and bit of practice going up to front.

Any advice or comments are welcome, it's nothing special at all!

Edited by isitafox
  • Like 2

I was gutted that you gave up on that gap!

Great video. (Y)

theres always another day! i find if when you cant do something and it becomes frustrating sometimes leaving it and coming back later or the next day helps. I find the more you do it and fail it turns into a mental block! when he does make it he is gonna feel good!

Isitafox, have you tried rolling stuff now your on a 26? ive just started getting it and really starting to enjoy it.

I think the software is just a free one called videopad but its good as its really easy to chop up your clips into small bits.

I gave up the gap as by that point I had 2 massive blisters which was making it hard to hold the bars and I was sweating so much my brake levers were getting soaked!

Frank what do you mean by rolling stuff?

Dan, I may try going at an angle next time as the sleeper is a pain to jump off straight. The metal clips where the rails are held on made it hard to get a good line to take off from and hard to get my balance, at one point I was rocking on the end for almost a minute trying to steady myself!

For that end gap, have you tried going at it with a big of an angle rather than straight on? (it looks like you were straight on anyway,)

I was gonna suggest this but you beat me to it! :P

Good skills, the sidehops at the start are pretty big! looks like once you've got the technique dialled you'd add at least another 12" to your height.

I find trying to land both wheels simultaneously from a side hop helps me keep in control when I'm up. Also looks like your rushing a little bit to set up for the side.

Overall great little vid and your bike looks rather nice!

Alan.

Cheers for the comments guys, ill be going back out tomorrow and I'm determined to nail that gap this time!

And thanks for the comments on my bike, got some compliments on it at barrow farm off a few people but I think the frames gonna make way for either a slate or pure sl at christmas!

I'm far from a pro at sidehops, but it looks like you're rushing/forcing yourself to put in those pre-hops rather than just using them to keep balanced and composed.

A fair few people use one hop to preload but the rest should really be a means to an end rather than part of the move, try getting balanced without concentrating on those and you'll find the technique more comfortable, which will lead to becoming more consistent with them too (Y)

Just been back and managed the gap after a few tries though I had to come home after almost blacking out cause of the heat.

Did speak to the guy who owns the sleepers and he was fine with me riding them whilst they are there which is nice!

Edited by isitafox
  • Like 4

Just been back and managed the gap after a few tries though I had to come home after almost blacking out cause of the heat.

Did speak to the guy who owns the sleepers and he was fine with me riding them whilst they are there which is nice!

Yaa effortless! Gap to front next! Looking good pal. You going to be able to ride Manchester in the day before the Street Light Sessions thingy in th'evening?