Hands Getting Messed Up

TheCaptain

So I got my first Trials bike a few days ago, loving it :D

But my hands isnt used to the stress I'm putting on them, as it seems.

I keep getting calluses below my fingers, that rips through the skin before getting a chance to heal.

Which is quite painful.

Should I just man up and get through it until the skin's hardened enough, or should I get some different kind of gloves ?

I'm riding with a pair of Specialized XC lite, which you might guess is a pair of thin XC gloves (duh).

Thanks.

Edited by TheCaptain

I suffer the same as I dont get much chance to ride so you have to really grin an bare it unless its too painful. May be worth trying some thickish foam grips like trialtech or rockman as they help a bit, gloves wont make that much difference.

I suffer the same as I dont get much chance to ride so you have to really grin an bare it unless its too painful. May be worth trying some thickish foam grips like trialtech or rockman as they help a bit, gloves wont make that much difference.

All right, might try it, if i can't

Be a man.

;)

I'm riding with a pair of rubber grips at the moment.

Yeah man it out. Mine used to kill last summer when I started up again, suffered a bit then they just went all tough.

Can ride for ages now without any pain and also a bonus is I can now wank for hours. (Y) just kidding, but seriously.

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 1

Yeah man it out. Mine used to kill last summer when I started up again, suffered a bit then they just went all tough.

Can ride for ages now without any pain and also a bonus is I can now wank for hours. (Y) just kidding, but seriously.

Amazing !

I'll man up then.

mmmm nope. get the love hate gloves by bicycle union. U can find them easy in the UK. Make sure you get the largest size, when you make a fist the glove should not be stopping your hand motion at all or else they will chaff and burn out your hand. I have used one set of these for 4 years and it still hasn't ripped and I ride hours a day and flip over the bars 40 times a ride. I have tried virtually every glove set on the market and then found these. The differnce is simple. If I don't wear them my hands bleed and hurt, if I do I can ride unlimited time each day and never worry about hand pain ever.