Homemade Wooden Bike Stands

Gaz96

That defeats the object of your project. Your supposed to draw the plans yourself and then work out measurements.

Create a stand out of cardboard (can use a cereal box), using the measurements that you thought of and the plan that you created.

Then you can find any flaws or any mis-calculated measurements.

If you are stuck with a design, do some research, which is most likely part of your project anyway on current stands that have already been made.

Don't just find one, find several. Then using those, create your own, you can use the same measurements as them if you want, but don't use the same design.

I done Product Design at college and went into extreme detail, at the end of it I got an A grade for everything. Good luck, need any help just PM me.

• Like 1

That defeats the object of your project. Your supposed to draw the plans yourself and then work out measurements.

Create a stand out of cardboard (can use a cereal box), using the measurements that you thought of and the plan that you created.

Then you can find any flaws or any mis-calculated measurements.

If you are stuck with a design, do some research, which is most likely part of your project anyway on current stands that have already been made.

Don't just find one, find several. Then using those, create your own, you can use the same measurements as them if you want, but don't use the same design.

I done Product Design at college and went into extreme detail, at the end of it I got an A grade for everything. Good luck, need any help just PM me.

Im not using this to just copy anyone, don't know why I mentioned plans cause I don't actually want to use anyone else's plans. I am sort of using this just for research and inspiration like you have mentioned. Its just pictures really, I am also looking at some on the internet ect... Do you have any pictures of yours?

Edited by Gaz96

No way, how wacky, I was just thinking earlier today of making a wooden multi stand for all my bikes so they aren't all leaned over each other all the time.

Exactly same as me, just something that the front wheel slots into I think and can make it as wide as you like to allow for as many bikes as you like

Make it modular, so you can add extra bits on for extra bikes. Like, a rack for 3 bikes and then the ability to add more racks to each other to increase the storage space.

That would go down well in your research bit. You can add that in and if you CBA to make it, you can put that in your evaluation bit.

Out of interest, why are you limited to wood? Surely your school has facilities for you to work with metals and plastics?

We have metals plastics ect but this project is meant to be a wood project and if we want more materials we have to supply them ourselves, for each project they give us a set amount of materials and we're meant to come up with something with them really

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...