Seggys / Skin Peeling

CalRobbo341

Hey guys, I dont know if any of you get them or even know what they are, but they are horrible!!! I have foam grips and quite often i use my gloves but I still get them, does anyone else? Also does anyone know how to prevent them? Thanks and hears a picture :)

I cant remember what there called but ive had them before they do go. normally caused by that part of ur hand isnt used as such but now its being used the skin is going tuff and it peels off if you soak it they will go back to normal again but they will return after riding trials again.

Called calluses, basically leave it and they will harden, leaving a protective layer of skin on your hands so they won't hurt in future!

Try to avoid picking them/biting them/tearing them etc etc. Just let them harden.

Great little things to have, make your hands much harder to hurt :)

on the point of whether to leave them or not, i would say not. I ride so much that my calluses actually get to the point that the whole callus rips off and my hands start bleeding, i've found that i actually have to cut mine down (sounds disgusting but saves a lot of pain) I have heard of people using those ped egg things to clean their calluses up. If you are getting them with foam grips you must be either new to riding or riding a lot more than you used to so keep an eye on how bad they get