Magura's

CalRobbo341

the squeek is down to the pad and grind combination? what pads are you running and are you running a grind, i also like a loud brake its very confident boosting to know that its working!

Not neccesarily! I have had many loud brakes that have been shite! and Loads of silent brakes that I would trust more than anything!

But back to the first question, its pad and rim setup, different pads and rims (whether ground or not) will make different sounds, I don't go on sound at all any more, I just ride whatever works best, although I will admit that at the moment my current setup is one of the loudest I have used, and it does work VERY well! although I would love to have a silent brake again!

Adam

Rear is very loud atm, just normal black magura pads and an onza hog rim no grind

Front I didnt get too long ago, koolstop red brake pads (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hydraulic_rim_brakes/magura_hs33_2011_trials_edition/c72p11689.html) and a brand new trialtech rim on a hope hub.

Rear is very loud atm, just normal black magura pads and an onza hog rim no grind

Front I didnt get too long ago, koolstop red brake pads (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hydraulic_rim_brakes/magura_hs33_2011_trials_edition/c72p11689.html) and a brand new trialtech rim on a hope hub.

Your brake performance won't be very good with those pads. Get some better ones, such as Heatsink Yellows or TNN LGM's and you will have a much nicer brake!

Oh yeah, grind your rim as well. Makes a world of a difference.

Edited by davidbarr
  • Like 1

Firstly congrats for not moaning that you brake is crap! Your brake can't be that great with that setup!

Personally I would much rather have a silent brake as long as it works, iv had brakes that make your ears bleed!

But like people say it does give you confidence

Firstly I would get a grind, there should be a video guide to do this if your unsure some where

• Like 1