Why Is My Magura Piston Slow To Return?

Laurence--Trials

Useful... If you're going to sand it use 1200 grit wet and dry and take it easy with it.

I was thinking more wire wool :)

Think it's fair advice though and pretty standard practice for anything where you can't go back if you f**k it up. Bit of common sence has to come into it I guess but it would be better to start with 1200 and work your way up than to wreck it going in too heavy, no?

Also just noticed you've failed to make any kind of suggestion as to what would be better. Useful. :)

Edited by Chris Borneo

I was thinking more wire wool :)

Think it's fair advice though and pretty standard practice for anything where you can't go back if you f**k it up. Bit of common sence has to come into it I guess but it would be better to start with 1200 and work your way up than to wreck it going in too heavy, no?

Also just noticed you've failed to make any kind of suggestion as to what would be better. Useful. :)

Wait, what? Wire wool, fair enough. 'start fine' in response to 'what grit sandpaper should I use' doesn't make me think wire wool though.

So it'd be better to start with 1200 grit? Like I suggested? Hence the 'wait, what?' response to your last line since my suggestion was 1200 grit wet and dry... :unsure:

Edit: Unless you meant an alternative to water in which case there's simply no need for an alternative.

Edit 2: Man I'm grouchy today!

Wait, what? Wire wool, fair enough. 'start fine' in response to 'what grit sandpaper should I use' doesn't make me think wire wool though.

So it'd be better to start with 1200 grit? Like I suggested? Hence the 'wait, what?' response to your last line since my suggestion was 1200 grit wet and dry... :unsure:

Edit: Unless you meant an alternative to water in which case there's simply no need for an alternative.

Edit 2: Man I'm grouchy today!

Oh shit, I thought you were being sarcastic! Sorry mate. I got right on the defensive there. Thought 1200 would be way too fine. Not that I've ever had to do this my self but from the look of the pic dann2707 posted I'd have thought you'd have needed something more like 400 or maybe 600 grade. Feel like a right arsehole now.

Edited by Chris Borneo

Oh shit, I thought you were being sarcastic! Sorry mate. I got right on the defensive there. Thought 1200 would be way too fine. Not that I've ever had to do this my self but from the look of the pic dann2707 posted I'd have thought you'd have needed something more like 400 or maybe 600 grade. Feel like a right arsehole now.

No worries chief. As you said, best to start fine (1200ish) and work up if necessary to something like 600 but since you're only really wanting to remove a tiny amount of material the finer the better I'd say to reduce the chance of going too far.

What's that got to do with you talking a load of rubbish?

My opinion counts just like yours and everyone else's in this world. If you do not like or approve of anything that i say then don't bother comment/replying to what i say otherwise you are wasting your time.

Just sayinggggg

Edited by Andeee

I've heard that Maggy pistons are only as slow as their owners...

I would partly agree... I can use maguras fine with no drag etc. But my brother cant. He's getting better with it now. Ive had someone tell me its because of his setup and thats how it is, but I can use it fine.