Echo Sl Forks.

Carlperkins

right ok so i've got some echo SL forks. As i've heard they have more crack than whitney houston. i.e they snap a lot.

if you've ever owned some.. where do they go? also heard its the sl's with maggys on that snap... this true?

i use disc onlys, i dont do gaps to front, I will be doing hooks though. and bounces on the front and footjams.

any one??

right ok so i've got some echo SL forks. As i've heard they have more crack than whitney houston. i.e they snap a lot.

if you've ever owned some.. where do they go? also heard its the sl's with maggys on that snap... this true?

i use disc onlys, i dont do gaps to front, I will be doing hooks though. and bounces on the front and footjams.

any one??

ahh man i want some of these so bad so im gonna watch this to see reviews :)

Ive them on my zebdi. It made the front end super light compared to the old planet x steel fork. Havent done any huge stuff on them yet. Dont know if i trust doing front wheel pogos on it but they are super light and feel good doing everything else. Got 203mm lousie carbon lever bat brake with new storm sl rotor. The rotor is very light with many cutouts. Works well but am going to try a rotor with less holes in hopes of maximum clamp force on the rotor + more consistent braking. Just ordered a 203mm avid roundagon rotor. It is alot less holey. See how it works and see if the SL forks hold up to all the brake power. I want to do alot of front wheel stuff too, if they break they break, ill get the urban ones next.

post-31030-0-42177100-1330123418_thumb.j

ahh ok, i dont do any up to fronts, mostly because i cant :P.

the only tough front wheel moves I do are hooks, which as far as moves go.. is probably the hardest on the forks, so i guess ill keep these to a minimum.

any signs i should be looking out for? like stress marks etc? and where abouts would these pop up?

Cheers guys this is helpful :D

I find it a little odd that people will run parts that either scare them or limit the moves they can do through risk of snapping them.

My advice...... get something you have confidence in, it will help you mentally and mean you'll be more confident when riding helping to push you to bigger better stuff.

Light weight parts can be good, but not at the expense of injury or holding back your riding.

I find it a little odd that people will run parts that either scare them or limit the moves they can do through risk of snapping them.

My advice...... get something you have confidence in, it will help you mentally and mean you'll be more confident when riding helping to push you to bigger better stuff.

Light weight parts can be good, but not at the expense of injury or holding back your riding.

Spot on as usual...

well i got them for free then some friends said "ooh you got sl's they snap like a twig" ... so i wanted to find out how bad they really are.. if atall, ive still been doing hooks and stuff today, so they havent affected my riding.

if I had about 10 people get back to me and say they fail at every glimpse of a hook or up-to-front, then i may think a little different.

i dont ride too hard on my forks anyway so im not concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

well i got them for free then some friends said "ooh you got sl's they snap like a twig" ... so i wanted to find out how bad they really are.. if atall, ive still been doing hooks and stuff today, so they havent affected my riding.

if I had about 10 people get back to me and say they fail at every glimpse of a hook or up-to-front, then i may think a little different.

i dont ride too hard on my forks anyway so im not concerned.

i rode with you a few times right? seen my riding maybe?

i had a set for 6 months with no problems... hooks, gaps to front, ups to front etc i ride a lot of natty too with static hooks and stuff.

I've snapped at least 5 pairs of urbans, trialtechs and even totally bent some steel forks in the past!

but surprisingly my sl's lasted!

either I'm lucky or they aren't as bad as people make out!

they're disk only ones

also selling them btw if anyone is interested. pm me if so

Edited by totally steaming!!