The Car Thread

MadManMike

VW Bora aero wipers>retrofit aero blades. Can pick them up off ebay for about £40. They sit completely flat against the windscreen, rather than 40mm or so. Subtle difference, but its always the little things!

Aerowipers.jpg

vs.

Roverheadandannilights013.jpg

Biggest difference is from inside though.

Bora:

dscf0097medium.jpg

Retrofit:

dscf0095medium.jpg

So, a rare post from me in the car thread!

Taken the decision to get rid of the Seat Leon Cupra 20vt, too expensive to tax, not economical enough any more etc etc As shuned as I might be I am looking to replace it with an 03/04 plate Mondeo hatchback diesel, cheaper to tax, insure and better on fuel!

So if anybody is interested ;)

Adam

Cheers dude, I reckon those Lucas ones will do the trick nicely :)

I doubt I'll save much on £14's worth, I'll just go for those. Thanks for the hunting!

I've run the cheaper wiperblades.co.uk ones and found they didn' work very well, swapped to the Lucas ones and they worked great. Very recently bought some Bosch ones off ebay as they were £20 posted and I was getting a couple of other bits, they seem to work well too.

That just looks mean tarty! Bet its a absolute handful on any kind of greasy or damp roads! But it must be a well of a thrill to drive!

Cheers! Haha, yeah it is. 3rd gear at 90 will spin the rear wheels if its not bone dry... About 430bhp/ton at the moment.
  • Like 1

Cheers! Haha, yeah it is. 3rd gear at 90 will spin the rear wheels if its not bone dry... About 430bhp/ton at the moment.

AKA - far too much!

I've been out in a westfield owned by a mad welshman and can safely say the sensation of speed is akin to a motorbike. It's unreal.

Haha, all Welshmen are mad :) Yeah, although bikes are quicker in a straight line I think a car like this is about the same or quicker from A to B down country roads, due to the increased feeling of safety and much greater tyre footprint.

Went out for a drive in my friend's Evo9 FQ360. What an obscene car that is, total monster. I can't really get on with the way it looks, and it costs a small fortune to run, but it's sooo much fun. You can buy a car that will worry a 911 GT3 for around 11 grand? Madness! It might be time to chop in the Civic for something a bit meatier...

• Like 1

Yeah I don't need anything super-practical (Rachel has a Golf Estate which is fine if we need to move furniture / go away with bikes etc) but I want to be able to at least stick the bike in/on the car and go for a ride.

And annoyingly this weekend after only 300 miles the check brake pad warning light has come on the Passat, I knew they were old pads but they didn't look that low, DOH!

Jacked up car and had a proper look this evening. It looks like the drivers side inner pad is suffering with a sticky piston and has worn down very low, all the other pads are nowhere near as bad, unlucky but I will get it sorted in the next couple of weeks.

I'm considering getting the rear windows tinted so what sort of price should I be expecting to pay to get it done professionally? I think it will look awesome but more importantly it will provide more security seeing as I'm effectively using the back as a van transporting my bike and stuff.

Put the golf up for sale, http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/151556/mk2-golf-1-8-driver

Once that's gone I think I will have to put the mini back on the road and sell that too :( Times are tight :'(

Not disputing your valuation of it based on others for sale, but seeing MK2's for sale on Retro Rides always makes me laugh - pages and pages of cool as hell cars for sod all money, peppered with MK2's for relatively insane cash! E38 is where you wanna advertise that!

Not disputing your valuation of it based on others for sale, but seeing MK2's for sale on Retro Rides always makes me laugh - pages and pages of cool as hell cars for sod all money, peppered with MK2's for relatively insane cash! E38 is where you wanna advertise that!

The valuation was more based upon the fact I'm not in a rush to sell it for the next 3-4 weeks and just getting some interest in it really.

Retro rides won't be the only place I'll advertise it, just so happens to be the first one! I've signed up to e38 just now, isn't there a rule where you have to post once to see and post in the classifieds? Is this the forum where everyone posts on dans audi estate to do so? :P

• Like 1