Are Rockman Frames Really That Bad?

howvard

Sorry making a few topics recentley but I have questions that need answering. :)

So you may have heard I have bought a Rockman Aurem frame, I have been doing as much research as I can on specifically the Aurem 3 frame, and am constantly hearing mixed opinions about the frame.

So it would be really nice to hear about your Rockman experiences, If you have owned an Aurem 3 frame how long have you had? How long did it last? Why dont you use it anymore? And overall what did you think of it? Also bashguard or bashring?

Would also be really good to here about every other Rockman frame experiences?

Thanks for the comments (Y)

they aren't bad frames, alot of people view them as bad cause they aren't as tough as other frames, but if you consider low frame weight to be a priority then they're excellent. but if you know your a basher or a bit of a monster then be prepared to be dissapointed.

Bashring, on the crank. The other photo on here of the snapped aurem 3 has little to do with the bashring. It just failed at the chainstays.

Rockman frames arent as bad as some make them out to be. Many that break do as theyre not ridden the way they were built for.

• Like 1

i bet you'd improve faster with an average frame that you know can take more abuse... i progressed like mad when i had no concerns for my hardware, i got all of the 'bad riding' out of my system and after nearly 7 years of trials i feel like i could begin to warrant a lighter more delicate machine as i'd be able to effectively utilize it without ruining it in a matter of weeks, that said, if you can afford the best and you can afford to maintain having it, it makes absolute sense to do it right.

• Like 1

The same goes for everything really. Take Try-All forks. I liked how light they were and liked the look of them, yet I cracked all 3 of my sets within 4 months because I rode Tgs on them. Whack a set of urbans on, no problems.

Rockman frames are gorgeous to ride, but definately not frames Id recomend to the less advanced rider. I think I could just get away with having one now, but Id go for a Slate 3 or Alkali for peace of mind, being the stronger two frames in their range. Dont think I could ride a Bjorn or Aurem very long before ruining it.

I've had mine well over a year and it still has no intention of cracking yet, they're decent as long as you don't go around hitting it with hammers, make sure you get a carbon protector for the thought because they're much easier to break when they're dented. As long as you're not a complete basher it shouldn't be a problem, I've go a few videos of me riding i so you know what sort of stuff it can handle.

Suppose it also depends on what frame too though, the maladies were complete poop in terms of cracking as far as I'm aware, never heard of an alaki cracking...

EDIT: BASHRING any day!

Edited by Jamie_Trials

I've had mine well over a year and it still has no intention of cracking yet, they're decent as long as you don't go around hitting it with hammers, make sure you get a carbon protector for the

thought because they're much easier to break when they're dented. As long as you're not a complete basher it shouldn't be a problem, I've go a few videos of me riding i so you know what

sort of stuff it can handle.

Suppose it also depends on what frame too though, the maladies were complete poop in

terms of cracking as far as I'm aware, never

heard of an alaki cracking...

EDIT: BASHRING any day!

Yeah I was prettty happy with price so couldn't resist. Yeah that would be sick if you can upload some videos of your riding mate. What frame did you have?

And its decided. Bashring on the cranks!

Yeah I was prettty happy with price so couldn't resist. Yeah that would be sick if you can upload some videos of your riding mate. What frame did you have?

And its decided. Bashring on the cranks!

I had an akali, and still do, its coming up to 2 years I've had it now, rockman frames seem to be touch and go, but my akali is tough to say its about 1.4kg or something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiemoxon

I had an akali, and still do, its coming up to 2 years I've had it now, rockman frames seem to be touch and go, but my akali is tough to say

its about 1.4kg or something.

h

ttp://www.youtube.com/user/jamiemoxon

Awesome thanks mate, you definatley ride bigger then me but i reckon iim as smooth as you so, lets hope all goes well.

Are you running the monty carbon effect stem?

• Like 1

Best thing to do is ride it how you would ride any other bike, if it cracks with a stupid time get on the phone to RockMan and get them told how out of order they are for selling frames that are made specificly for bouncing at walls and rocks, that aren't up to the job, and try get a new frame out of them.