How-To Section?

I think there is some flaws on that in that you can't review a product unless you bought the product on it's own and not in a complete build. Was just an idea I've found useful on some forums

I tried to make a review thread rather like the one in the bmx section on pb but most people thought it was a stupid idea but I beg to differ as I think it would be handy.

Edited by bike_dummie

Would be too hard to maintain and keep everything together, granted people could just search the topic for the part they were after but if they didn't know what to get and were just after a well rated part it would mean sifting through page after page of what people have written (assuming lots of people left reviews)

Why's no one done a Vee brake setup one? I started one, and got really bored with cutting out the poo from this guys guide and changing a few bits to being trials relevant. Although he doesn't mention the importance of cable run's, and the fact that most manufacturer cable runs are turd. So your better off missing the last clamp to achieve a straight line to the Vee. But the pad adjustment guide was bob on! Nor does he mention you have to have a good lever and cable outer and inner for it to be trials worthy!

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/canti-direct.html

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rim-brakes.html#shoe

So i should have saved what i had done so far! Come on guys it should be one of the first things to learn. Even halfords can do this shizzle :P

If you go to the how to section and start a new post it should have saved what you've written already, there's a link at the bottom of the window (or should be) that auto saves your work for if you leave the page and come back later.

Works on replies, just not 100% sure on new posts though.

• 3 weeks later...