How-To Section?

Could we not have a section dedicated to the other side of trials like maintaining and 'how to' guides. As I for one found you tube and google don't have all the answers (believe it or not :P) especially for trials specific stuff as it is a rather small sport.

By guides I mean detailed explanations such as Adams guide to the New maguras or your guide to servicing a tensile and I know of many more that have just gotten lost within the forum amongst many other threads that prove to be no help in many cases. The guides should also need to be approved by mods and locked to prevent comments keeping it un-cluttered and if there is a good idea to be added the person who wrote the guide could add it in maybe?

This could also be good for manufactures to post up guides ect on how to maintain thier products. For example people say hope brakes go down hill after a while but this is just because they dont know how to maintain them properly imo.

But in the end its just an idea to think about :P ,Adam.

• Like 1

I've upgraded it, but its being spammed to death (http://wiki.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php/Special:RecentChanges)

doesnt seem to be an easy way to roll it back either :(

A 'how to' subforum on trials chat might be a good start to gather this info (could later put it into an invision wiki if there is one). But then we have a FAQ section too......

If you wanna start a sub forum in SM chat I'll start copying stuff over next week as I'm on nights then you can move it all in one go once there's a decent amount of content?

Can stick some of revolvers stuff in too if its still accessible?

The manual was nice, what happened to that? I thought I wrote some good stuff for that :(

We still have it, just tried to reinstall the application we were using for it (it was a piece of crap) but its not playing nicely. All the stuff is still in the database, i'll try and get it out :)

I've started copying over a few of the guides from the wiki into the FAQ forum. A lot of the info though is well out of date and needs editing which I'm doing to the best of my ability and knowledge though I'm fully open to suggestions on stuff that isn't accurate or needs more detail. Hopefully help a few people out who are looking for answers but are in fear of starting a topic about in case they get flamed for being newbs!

• Like 2

I've started copying over a few of the guides from the wiki into the FAQ forum. A lot of the info though is well out of date and needs editing which I'm doing to the best of my ability and knowledge though I'm fully open to suggestions on stuff that isn't accurate or needs more detail. Hopefully help a few people out who are looking for answers but are in fear of starting a topic about in case they get flamed for being newbs!

(Y) this is very cool.

I've cleared out a load of "FAQ" topics that are no longer relevant (from 2003!) and renamed it to "How-to Guides", that makes much more sense. One topic that I did remove, which was a bit handy, contained some basic trials terminology (mod, stock etc), but it was mixed in with some really old advice on what frames to buy. So I moved that to trials chat, but we could do with another - I'll take a look in the wiki :)

Aye good call, just stuck another one in there and will have a think what else could be done.

If anyone is after anything in particular just reply in here or send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Also if anyone can PM me pics showing the things I've described it would be a great help so I can add them to the topics, with me riding a brakeless bike I can't really take any myself that would be relevant!

Started a basic terminology thread, will continue to add to it over time but for the time being I'm knackered and my head is fried. Again, if people want stuff adding or editing let me know!

Why your modified bike is classed as a stock?

Why your stock spec bike is classed as a mod?

On trials terminology, thats the wrong way round?

Also would be cool on the 24 bike to mention both the street 24 aswell as the 24 trials bikes so people know the difference.

Just my 2p :P Top job.

• Like 1