Inspired Fourplay With Temp Brake Setup

isitafox

My Inspired has got a new custom brake setup ready for some comp action this Sunday so I thought I'd get a few pics up. Brakes are Shimano levers on Echo TR calipers with Hope Mono Trial 180 discs and pads, not bedded in yet but they feel like they'll be more than up to the job and the levers are really comfy.

Other new parts since I last put some pics up are black Trialtech cranks and Tarty bashring.

IMAG0005_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0107_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0108_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0109_BURST002.jpg

Nope...both wrong way round i'm afraid.

Bike looks very cool though - shame about the mis-matched greens on the Spank rims though.

Is a super-super high front end not a bit shit riding on a 2011 Fourplay? I mean the BB is only +20mm. When I used to have an original Fourplay i'd run around 40mm/45mm but it was +35 and a bit longer. With the rise on that stem I can imagine that actually riding quite horribly!?

I've always run super high front ends, I have now dropped a 30mm stacker and it feels great. Just been out to bed the brakes in and they are unbelievable. Best disc brakes I've ever used!

Looks great, Have you ridden a comp before on it?

Rode it at fort bill with some bb7s that didn't work at all (literally had full lock and was just rolling away!)

Rode it at fort bill with some bb7s that didn't work at all (literally had full lock and was just rolling away!)

Haha, well I will see you Sunday. I have not seen you since you got this so it will be great.

Also, have you considered going to Bristol on the 15th (Saturday) for beau's memorial ride? Get a bit of a road trip going on innit :P it's on the way to hook wards to and I think you would love it :)

Edited by F.N.G

Brakes are Shimano levers on Echo TR calipers with Hope Mono Trial 180 discs and pads

sorry if its a beginners question

but how did you come up with that brake chancing..is it done before?

did you took the best of every system and pot it toghther

or did your brake just broke. and you build something instead of buying new?

alan

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any hydraulic advantage of running shimano levers on echo callipers?

Yes, the levers won't leak anytime soon!

sorry if its a beginners question

but how did you come up with that brake chancing..is it done before?

did you took the best of every system and pot it toghther

or did your brake just broke. and you build something instead of buying new?

alan

Read that another rider (Bigman above) had done it on the front of his bike so thought I'd give it a try

What Echo caliper are you using to be able to run 180 mm discs?

I've got a #5 up front with a +20 adapter and a #3 on the rear as the frame has a +20 mount. Would have preferred a #3 up front as well so I didn't need the adapter but it's working great. After a couple of weeks it is still without a doubt the best brake setup I have used, both lock solid and I have every confidence in them. If anyone has a leaky echo lever I would recommend you do the same!