Videos On Iphone

It's not TF, it's iOS 6. Vimeo and YouTube used to work perfectly, but embedded videos are now seen as flash and don't go to the HTML 5 versions which is utter-and-absolute-shite.

I've been a fan of Apple for a while and worked on them exclusively throughout my career, but they're really pushing things with this useless update which has done nothing but make what was a fairly ideal phone for me a relative piece of shit.

I've been a fan of Apple for a while and worked on them exclusively throughout my career, but they're really pushing things with this useless update which has done nothing but make what was a fairly ideal phone for me a relative piece of shit.

Guessing you didn't save SHSH blobs to allow you to downgrade iOS to a point which you were happy with? :(

I don't even know what SHSH blobs are so fairly sure I t'aint saved them. I was genuinely very happy with the last version of iOS 5 - did everything I needed. I've never know an update to take away so much functionality and give you absolutely nothing in return. The fact i'm saying it, even makes me realise how shit Apple are being. I've never been a fanboy but I've always purposefully picked their products as it suited what I wanted from a phone/tablet/computer, but there has been a genuine monumental step backwards with this update. Simple things like if I was browsing TF before and I sae a youtube video - one tap and I'm watching it full screen, one further tap and it's being air played on my TV. Now I don't even see them, or i'll get redirected to the app - have to tap play, then tap full screen (which defaults to portrait mode), double tap to access the screen lock, tap that, rotate phone, then what's that? Oh I can't airplay from the app.

I'm not the biggest nerd when it comes to phones etc but when I was so used to a way of operating that I thought was great functionality wise, to now be given a much, much shitter experience is overly noticeable and leaves me at a loss as to see how this is development?

Saving your SHSH blobs basically allows you to run a firmware that you've previously been using even after Apple stop allowing it, with the ability to downgrade to a previous iOS after trying an update (in most cases)

Worth considering in case they put out a decent iOS you're happy with again in the future - unfortunately you need to save blobs for each device else we'd be able to share and downgrading would be an easy option.

More here if you want to read up a little though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHSH_blob

I have been Running a dev preview version of iOS6 for about 2 months now and i havent had a problem with videos on vimeo or Youtube at all. However Im still running the iOS6 Golden Master Version of the Dev Preview so i wouldnt be able to tell with the final version. My version runs ever so smoothly :) Got iOS6 GM Version and you'll be sorted :) Run that until Apple sort their shit out!

Ok, I blame iOS in that case :P

The embed code for videos is so simple now it'll be up to vimeo or apple to fix it.

I'm refraining from upgrading my iPad..

Do. It's bad enough on an iPhone but I mainly use my iPad for watching videos and Airplaying etc, so if I was unable to see embedded videos and airplay them then the iPads usefulness would be fairly diminished. After all on an iPad what are you gaining with iOS 6? An Alarm clock.....