Few Words About "how To Ride"

clerictgm

I want to tell something to all of you, guys. My English language proficiency isn't so good as I want, and It's difficult for me to be eloquent, but anyway..

When I was n00b in trials, I was like a monkey - repeating things that "was cool" in my opinion whether it was a video or some "cool" local riders (because of they was able to hop sooo high!!1).

Later I became to sort some moves that I like and write it down to my "trick-list".

But all of this is faux pas. It's acceptable only for newbies, but anyway it's bad.

It's ok to watch videos and pick some things from to try.

But when you ride all you need is imagination. Now I can watch at old, boring spots and find there dozens of new lines.

For heaven's sake do not repeat my mistakes. Don't need to "training" or stupidly repeating what's "some cool rider do".

You should do what you want in the way you like!

You must express yourself honestly. Be original(not this f**king fake-originality like hipsters). It is very hard to do.

Without self-expression it's just stupid monkey-like repeating.

Bruce-Lee-evolution-of-martial-arts.jpg

Cleric, I agree with you. However most of us have a mental plan when we go out, such as "Get this gap done, sidehop, pedalup" etc. Those of us that do that are usually happy they've ridden those lines and then go home, or try go bigger/chill with mates.

Being original in trials is pretty hard as most moves are covered now, unless you mean new lines... Which most of us usually do think of some during a ride, but most of the time those lines are TGS lines and involve being a better rider, more confident etc.

I'm on holiday right now and I was it he apple store since I'm thinking of getting a mac and went on tf to see what's going on.

There is now a "genius" standing behind me looking at what I'm doing on what he must see as the homosexual equivalent of a phylisofical penthouse forum :)

Edited by the mysterious leemur