Echo Ti Freewheel...

ForrestDump

Good Morning forum,

Its been quite a while since I was last active on the forum... but anyway, onto the topic in hand.

I've been running an Echo SL freewheel (one of the silver ones) for quite some time now and its served me awfully well, but its slowly coming towards its ends and I don't fancy it giving up on me when out on a ride. Obviously I'll be looking for a new freewheel up front and with how pleased I was with the Echo SL I want to stick with them, question is... are the Echo Ti freewheels worth it and has anyone had any problems with them at all?

Many thanks,

James

Agreeing with both the comments above (Y).

If you do go for the Ti, make sure you grease the threads on the freewheel and crank to avoid any corrosion between the aluminium and titanium, can lead to the cranks breaking in extreme circumstances (Y).

Cheers,

Josh.

I think theyre essentially the normal freewheel with a ti outer ring, or ti-coated.

You'd get the same reliability from the normal SL, which is almost half the price.

They use a Ti inner, so it's a reasonable chunk of titanium. Stan's been running one of the Ti freewheels for a while and it seems to show less wear than the steel ones do.

They use a Ti inner, so it's a reasonable chunk of titanium. Stan's been running one of the Ti freewheels for a while and it seems to show less wear than the steel ones do.

Ah I see.

In that case, I'd go with Dan. I'd only buy one if I was really cutting down on weight.

Cheers for all the replies. Mark, other than greasing the threads between the crank and freewheel itself my current steel Echo required very little, if any maintenance at... is this the same for the Ti models? The only reason I've considered the Ti is that you tend to get what you pay for with bike parts.

Thanks again.