Crazy Brake Idea!?

customrider-Rhys

you could always get around the different mechanical advantages required by disk and rim brakes, by having, essentially 2 levers built into one. a specific piston set for the rim and disk brake, 2 hoses etc. im pretty sure that would work. a bit OTT in my opinion though.

I suppose, provided you used a Vee/BB7 combo, you could use a gyro splitter found on BMX's?

Dont know how much resistance would be incurred. I'd predict massive arm pump, added to a hassle to set up to get both the disc and the Vee to bite at exactly the same time.

But Vee's are awesome enough as they are. There's no need!

Motorbikes have 2 discs on the front :-

Two discs - More braking force with less force put through the lever.

Less force through the lever means less force put into the pads/disc, which means less heat.

Less heat, less fade - Better brakes ;)

Two discs - More braking force with less force put through the lever.

Less force through the lever means less force put into the pads/disc, which means less heat.

Less heat, less fade - Better brakes ;)

I always thought motorcycles did it for less brake fade, as the braking force is separated between two disks?

I doubt braking force is an issue on a motorcycle, as surely the limiting factor would be traction?

To all the people that keep saying 'just set your brake up properly' and 'how hard is it to just set up a brake proper' stop making this seem like im asking becuase im having trouble with my brakes, my brake is absolutly fine and works well this was just an idea that i had, i thought it would be a good way to create insane power, and was interested to see if there was a possiblity of it working, so stop with the just set your brake up right stuff. cheers

My frame for a start, echo trial 2011, onza limey 320, neon bow, inspired four play, onza zoot pro, because colour, loads more too?

my onza blade, dan cox's onza comp, my old inspired fourplay, neon bow 2012, the list is rather large