Echo 24 Build ( Incomplete)

the mysterious leemur

looking nice, how do the sl forks feel?

looking at another echo 24 is making me jelous as hell, will have mine together by the end of next week.............hopefully

Pretty bad , they flex so much and that's with a front brake that doesn't stop the bike even when rolling! Going to buy some urbans or trialtechs soon nd put a BB7 on them.

Thanks man :dance:

Working pretty good , very stable , reasonable grip in the dry , very good grip in the wet for street riding. Not had too much of a chance to try it out on natural yet, very good puncture resistance too!

Cheers :) Will have to get one myself.

length of stem ?

Stop asking the f**king length of stem in every single bike pictures thread....

Edit: I'm sorry, nice bike :D needs some better forks and possibly a magura on front and it's sorted. Maybe TryAll cranks. :)

Edited by JMCD
  • Like 1

Have you noticed a real difference with the angled rear pads (less surface) ?

Well my theory was that there would be more pressure in less space and give better hold , the brake seem much much more consistent through the grind , gives great bite and hold and works perfectly in the wet, as good as most pads in the dry!

Pretty bad , they flex so much and that's with a front brake that doesn't stop the bike even when rolling! Going to buy some urbans or trialtechs soon nd put a BB7 on them.

I'd stick with the brake and just change to some mono trial pads and a new disc

Well my theory was that there would be more pressure in less space and give better hold , the brake seem much much more consistent through the grind , gives great bite and hold and works perfectly in the wet, as good as most pads in the dry!

Yes more pressure because less surface, but also less friction because of less surface, it's why I ask if there is a notable difference

Yes more pressure because less surface, but also less friction because of less surface, it's why I ask if there is a notable difference

I tried it withs few pads I found that the hold would increase until a point at which there wasn't enough friction for the brake to bite properly.

I found on my setup it made it work much much better. Hope that helps

I'd stick with the brake and just change to some mono trial pads and a new disc

Already using hope pads and had that rotor to until I bent it. I just prefer the way an avid feels on the front and I've had nothing but problems with echo brake and this one seeps at the calliper so it contaminates itself.