What Is A Mod Bike Like To Ride?

ChrisTrials2012

I rode mod for 2 years and mod seemed like "normal size" and stock seemed huge, then moved to stock for the last few months. When you get back on a mod it's hilarious, the wheels feel incredibly small , the whole bike does. it's good going from stock to mod because you then feel like you can throw the mod round more.

I like how a mod can feel roomy enough for static moves but can also be short enough to make bunny hops pretty easy. I find with a stock the only one I could bunny hop was mine, every other stock I've tried feels way too long to me.

I don't think I have the perfect bike yet but I do prefer my mod over stock so far.

They're just more agile in general.

Assuming you ride a trialsy stock, and not something oldschool/Hex etc. it'll feel like going from a driving a bus to driving a Corsa, or something of the sort.

Trialsy stocks are very barge-like, from my experience, and can't really change direction unless you're on the back wheel and hopping 'round.

A mod - particularly short ones - are much more nimble or twitchy, which I find makes them a lot more flicky and "chuckable" ;)

• Like 1

I've ridden stock for 15 months and have never been on a mod, nor will I have the chance to for a good while. So what is it like?.

its like riding a rollercoaster, in the front seat next to a swimsuit model.. covered in butter. amazing.

p.s. i have ridden a mod 3 times for no more than 5 minutes. your experience may differ.

• Like 2

I miss my mod if I'm honest.

I like how bouncy they are, and how much better I can ride natural on one.

I really like my 24", but a dual mag/disc mod just feels more fun, for me at least.

I wasn't too held back on a mod either. Im fairly sure I could do what I do on the 24" on one with a little bit of time to get used to it.

The idea of running Try-All Sticky Lite tyres again is definitely an aspect that tempts me back to one.

I'm sure my opinion will change when a decent tyre comes about for 24". Its the one factor that really winds me up about them.

• Like 1