Bike Perception... Need Your Opinions.

Jake.

Hey there, I've been overthinking this recently. I was watching videos of mod, 24" and stock. I noticed that certain things looked way more impressive such as thin rail riding on the mod than the stock, and at other times 24/stock looked better for stuff like gaps, up to fronts.

I find that bigger wheels make everything feel smaller, it has the same impact in videos too though.

Dunno why I'm even thinking about this, just want to get it off my mind.

Opinions?

I rode stock after mod. Liked it, because everything that seemed huge became normal, and I went bigger still.

I rode mod again following that, which I enjoyed further still, because I knew I could do the bigger stuff I did on the stock, on it. Which I did.

Following that I went onto 24", which Im still on, on which I can still do everything I could on the mod and stock, and yet go bigger still, because the wheels were bigger and more confidence inspiring.

• Like 1

Nice post Sam, I'm getting used to mod again... Yet I really want to try out stock, never tried one properly. I rode 24" for a few months and everything felt smaller at first then it became normal. When I went back to mod everything felt bigger but then it felt normal after being able to do stuff that I could do on the 24"...

Argh lol

talk about this with a comp dude from Switzerland( he's riding both mod and stock)

he said to me everything looks bigger when your on the mod

in your mind it is almost depressing, seems like so much more effort to climb on obstacles

when you re on the back wheel of your stock, you are already way higher

and to be honest, you can see it in the top uci result

pretty often, they clean a lot more stuffs on stock

he said to me everything looks bigger when your on the mod

in your mind it is almost depressing, seems like so much more effort to climb on obstacles

Josh - who's flitted back and forth a bit - says exactly the same.

I can see how people would be persuaded away from mod for the same reason, but not for me. Mods are just too fun :P