Feedback Needed

damonr1

I think you should!

I think you should do one down south :) You lot up north have some amazing riding spots. We aint got shit compared to you guys :P

Haha, on a side note Dan - I was just looking at warehouses to rent. £10k a year is the cheapest...pretty sure we could get most of it covered by the local council and some access to sport grants/funds. Might be worth looking into to be honest

• Like 1

I think you should!

Haha, on a side note Dan - I was just looking at warehouses to rent. £10k a year is the cheapest...pretty sure we could get most of it covered by the local council and some access to sport grants/funds. Might be worth looking into to be honest

Yup I spent from June 2011 to June 2012 speaking with the council to get a trials park built in Worthing. They accepted the idea and said it will go ahead. I have been emailing them every month to see what is going on with it, and they have been ignoring my emails... deserves a visit to their offices I think.

• Like 1

Yup I spent from June 2011 to June 2012 speaking with the council to get a trials park built in Worthing. They accepted the idea and said it will go ahead. I have been emailing them every month to see what is going on with it, and they have been ignoring my emails... deserves a visit to their offices I think.

If they've been ignoring you for a little while I definitely would pay them a visit. They easily get sidetracked and I think persistence is the only way to show them we are serious. Plus if we mention Splash point will stop getting dents in it's rocks, they will definitely be game! haha

I'm game for visiting them with you.

Let us know how it goes dude, I'm sure you can get lottery funding or some type of access to sport funds to help partially cover the costs of this (Y)

Yeah will do mate. i spoke to him today and told him what i was thinking of doin and he told me to come and see him 2moz so im hoping it's going to go well

Be worth working with tartybikes to get a rampworx setup going, riding centre with a trials shop on site :)

Yeah iv got a few ideas. just need feedback. like will people come and use it

Go for it dude! Its just arrangements and approvals that are a pain.

Got one here in Scunthorpe. ;-). Currently working on the indoor section at the mo. We also have plans to start stuff in the yard like a stack of rocks we have 30 yards away from where we are.

The only problem is when starting one up is getting the space/land then getting all your obstacles and of course a group of dedicated riders like ourself.

533958_10151297203786084_219493569_n.jpg

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 1

Got one here in Scunthorpe. ;-). Currently working on the indoor section at the mo. We also have plans to start stuff in the yard like a stack of rocks we have 30 yards away from where we are.

Was just wondering how big (in sq ft, please) the indoor space is? Cheers mate, it does look nice btw :)

Do you have permission to use this or could it all get took away by a council.

Do you have permission to use this or could it all get took away by a council.

A lad who he ride with his dad has his own joinery company and owns many premises around the area and this place happens to be one. So it is basically ours all we ask kindly just to be fair is a small donation of each rider to help go towards rent and new stuff for this place. We had a ride there yesterday with a fair few which was good and hopefully it can help fix this tiny leak we have in the roof -.-

Also there is about 10 of us who ride which is good.

Then once a week the donny lads or hull lads come down for a session

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 1

Mike Douglas and my self are the owners of the indoor place your looking at. It is so hard to find someone who is willing to let you use there space, and at a good price. You have to be persistent, you might find something that you would of never even thought of but is so simple. Mike spoke to a company who kindly donated us all the blue pallets, they also deliverd them to us free of charge. We are going to allow people to come down and ride, how ever we are still building and trying to make it even better so it is worth paying for a days ride. As andy says we also have a selection of rocks just a few yards from the pub that we will be bringing into the yard so that it isn't just pallets and indoor things.

• Like 1

Also, no it has nothing to do with council, it's a pub. We're good to go for a while.

Council are useless. You would benefit looking around where you live for shut down buildings that has a decent space. Good luck, would love to see if others can help there local riders and get new riders starting because there is a place to train and ride.

• Like 1