Magura mt2

Mike Beck

Yeah,that´s why he wants to buy one of the cheapest brakes, because he can afford to buy super expensive one :-

I can afford hope and saint I was just thinking if the mt2 is a similar performance is there any point shelling out on the big boys ?

Edited by Mikey Câ„¢
  • Like 1

Hey man, I've tried some mt2's on different bikes, and I promise that they beat every hope I've tried. The power and hold is amazing, especially for that price. The lever blade feels a bit weird in the start, but you'll get used to it:)

Go for them:)

Hey man, I've tried some mt2's on different bikes, and I promise that they beat every hope I've tried. The power and hold is amazing, especially for that price. The lever blade feels a bit weird in the start, but you'll get used to it:)

Go for them:)

Sounds good to me mate I'd rather not jump on the hope/saint wagon not that there is anything wrong with the I'm sure there awesome I'm gonna order them Monday nice one Edited by Mikey Câ„¢

Well saint is just safer bet as there´s zero chance you will need more power than that brake has...It is heavy, it doesn´t look beatiful by any means, but it´s total monster of a brake, that´s why I got it and I know there´s no other brake I would choose to replace my beloved vee than this one. So it´s up to you, if you want ultimate power, go for saint, if you are after something lighter and nicer looking, go for magura(or slx/xt/deore).

Sounds good to me mate I'd rather not jump on the hope/saint wagon not that there is anything wrong with the I'm sure there awesome I'm gonna order them Monday nice one

Mt2's are awesome:)

The "saint wagon" is there because of a reason. They are insane. I have it, and love them, because they just work. Everyone who have tried my bike always says something about how insane the brakes are:) Anyway, the mt2's are compareable to saints, they're between hopes and saints.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me mate I'd rather not jump on the hope/saint wagon not that there is anything wrong with the I'm sure there awesome I'm gonna order them Monday nice one
For the relatively small amount of time its gonna take you to save up a it more cash, I'd hold out and get saints. They are £120 per brake off chain reaction for m810's, which are the 09/10 models. These are the best brakes ever. Get a decent lightweight rotor and you are laughing. For the relatively small weight penalty it's more than worth it for the power and feel these brakes give you. There is a reason everybody is saying it to you

In all fairness i have never tried one of the mt2's (i dont think) but i really cant fault a saint, on my 24 i'm running one of a 200mm rotor and cant fault it, changed the pads recently to better ones and its almost too powerful believe it or not..

Also ran it on the rear of a mod (leaking, contaminated) on a 160mm rotor and still couldn't fault it performance wise, the leak wasn't awesome though haha.

If money is a problem go for the mt2 as they seem great for the price haven't heard a bad thing about them, but if it isn't then without a doubt, get the saint.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I didnt think it would be worth starting another one.

I just wanted to check which saint you guys are talking about? Do you mean the ones tartybikes sell (M820) or are they no good?

Also do you think a 184 mm rotor would fit even if the caliper is for 180mm?

Kevin.