Inspired gearing

onzatrip

Morning peeps

I've just acquired a lovely mk1 inspired and the gearing I've got is 18-13 now I've been told that I don't need a tensioner but when I set it up turns out she does.

Is this down to different chains and stretch or am I just unlucky and have to use a tensioner

Thank

You might be lucky for a while with a new/stretched chain but really you'll need a tensioner. I initially ran my mk1 with a 74Kingz (Heatsink these days I guess) and currently run a Rohloff on my 2011. Spoke tensioners depend on your setup really. I had a look at putting one on my Pro2 setup and couldn't really see it working as everything's a bit tight.

And tensioners are not all that bad any way. the mk1 was designed with a 'K' hanger on purpose, meaning a hanger could be found pretty much anywhere.

'K's are used from anything (but not everything) from an apollo in hellfrauds to my T-rex (but fortunately not my mk2 fourplay, the custom inspired ones are much better)

and your 4play and back again. I rode past an abandoned kids bike with one on last week, but left it cos it might have been little timmy's xmas presie.

You'll be fine.

Edited by CC12345678910

my bad adam. my 5 year old memory of the Adam Read bike website is inferior to your good self.

do you have every bike fact about every bike you've ever bought engrained on your eyeballs or something? in which case, how do you that??

Edited by CC12345678910
  • Like 1