Advise

kjd4000

Hi guys

Finally bought a 20" gu at the weekend for a bit of fun. Not ridden trials properly for about 10 years and always rode 26". Never ridden a 20" before, but after having a little go on it today feels quite good. Getting back into the swing of it quite fast.

The gearing however seems really light. I'm running middleburn cranks 22t chainring and 16t freewheel. After searching the forum the general status seems to be 18 15. I assume if I changed to a 20t chainring this would be better but would it really make much difference?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Kieran

post-16069-0-12754500-1362432299_thumb.j

I'd be weary of this,

They used to be incredible freewheels back when they were silver, but the black ones can be snap happy, Seen a few cases..

Mine died this evening :'( fixable though..

My black one (referring to the freewheel Dan!) was 10 months old when i sold it on the echo a few weeks back, it didn't skip once, and it rode it hard at least 6 times a week!

• Like 1

My black one (referring to the freewheel Dan!) was 10 months old when i sold it on the echo a few weeks back, it didn't skip once, and it rode it hard at least 6 times a week!

Mine died tonight after a year and a half: video of it dying (end clip you can hear it skipping):

So why are people advising an 18t freewheel?

Front freewheel, Freewheel screws on to the crank, 12t rear sprocket, gives you an 18-12 ratio

Edited by Danny00135