MARINO"THE CUY!" 2013 FULL BUILD PICS ADDED!

FamilyBiker

As requested by myself, please swap your saddle (ruin's the build) Looks nice other than that

i think i´d have to do a lot more to ruin it completely :wink2: ,but right,saddles not everyones cup of tea.

getting a black one soon,but plastic again,that thing weights only 170g.

thanks for the comment though

Edited by FamilyBiker

thanks!

anyone got recommendations regarding a stem for that geo?atm i try a kore lite 3d(oldskool)thats 105x10°,tad too low for my feel.

have to adjust those bars in line with the forks,otherwise my wrists are sore after an hour ride.

thought about something like a syntace superforce 120x20°...

bars are 25.4mm clamp

post-30389-0-40362300-1364642525_thumb.j

post-30389-0-29937300-1364642546_thumb.j

Edited by FamilyBiker

As high as you can get it with that bb height!

so what geo stem?

got a 105x35 lying around,but that´d cramp the reach down too much.

got a 105x10 on,good reach,too low.

could order a 120x20,will fit?

bb is only +52mm! :wink2:

keep in mind its not a street rig in general,crossing the line to a trials bike barely

post-30389-0-83959100-1364643623_thumb.g

Edited by FamilyBiker

yeah leon,i remember you saying that before,could be you´ve been right :wink2:

will test ride both stems this afternoon and hopefully figure out what is best

trying to avoid mod stems,theyre so ugly,and its not that low,just not reachy enough.

i dont know if its me not riding much the last weeks or if 40mm wb doesnt make a huge difference,but it doesnt feel so much longer than my 980 wb frame.

thinking that over a high bb forces the weight towards the bars,wich could feel short...

edit:did a bit of stem swapping,this time it ended up with my tryall 105x35 feeling best,okay,high is good i agree.

just need to get a 120x 30 or similar now.

post-30389-0-59919000-1364663068_thumb.j

that looks right and feels not bad

Edited by FamilyBiker

To add to Carl's comment I ride a 127 x 27 with Trialtech high rise handle bar's I also have 32mm of stack. It depends highly on your riding style as I don't really do 180's or anything however It manuals and bunny hops pretty easily in my opinion and I can stretch out the trials moves to a certain extent. I still think it would ride nicer with a decent saddle ;)

i ordered a syntace superforce 120x20°,i have massive faith in their products and with the bars rolled back that much it´ll end up like it should i hope.dont want the spinny moves in general to be lost,but oh well.

stackers on my steerer are 30mm,as syntace need only 28 of steerer it´ll be like 35 then.

sounds nice imo

my saddle doesnt take your campaign against it personal btw :wink2:

Edited by FamilyBiker

i ordered a syntace superforce 120x20°,i have massive faith in their products and with the bars rolled back that much it´ll end up like it should i hope.dont want the spinny moves in general to be lost.

stackers on my steerer are 30mm,as syntace need only 28 of steerer it´ll be like 35 then.

sounds nice imo

my saddle doesnt take your campaign against it personal btw :wink2:

I'm hoping it will get depressed at my hatred for its existence and one day donate its self to be recycled into something worth while..... haribo-gold-bears-gummy-bears-tub-of-600

Edited by Seabasss
  • Like 1

now i´ve got the final setup,it turned out to be a 100x25 stem,didnt think it fits at first but at the end it was the right one(for streety riding)

the near future maybe will bring a 20mm longer one,then its perfect i think...

post-30389-0-96862100-1365352125_thumb.j

Edited by FamilyBiker

thanks.

next stem will be syntace superforce 120x20 with the spacer wich is on top now under it.reliable and skinny.

will give me the reach i´m after.

seat,yeah,was mentioned before,will get a black one,any cheap recommendations for a pivotal one?

saw a united "value" for 14,90euro,maybe its that one?

dont want to spend much on a saddle thats only for sitting on it while pausing training haha

edit:

post-30389-0-37043200-1365354869_thumb.j

so proud of my 1996er raceline horseshoe!

it was in the original package until it went on my bike,yeah

Edited by FamilyBiker

• 2 weeks later...

bit of an update here.

now thats it with the setup i aimed at,syntace superforce(one fat stem!)120x20,30mm stackers.

funny its still streety that way,now my setup is 70mm longer in total than the old bike,and it spins better.

kind of weird haha

saddle is still haribo but about to be changed

post-30389-0-88241300-1366486983_thumb.j

finally got to some cool background,it deserves it imo...also a sneek prev of the vid in the making

post-30389-0-22631900-1367177805_thumb.j

with cool i mean my ones(obviously the ones saying marino... and the cuy lol),not the toy story on the wall surface hahaha.

in the vid more quality graffiti will be integrated hopefully.

Edited by FamilyBiker