Business cards I need a few pointers

Davetrials

Hey guys ive gotta knock together a few business card designs for my final exhibition, (photography) its gotta be eye catching quirky and generally creative, has anybody got any tips, anything i should avoid, or generally cliches people usually make?

I found this website to give me some inspiration but it just terrified me and made me sad :(
http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/05/100-really-creative-business-cards/

Im drawing nothing but blanks here, its terrible

post-1997-0-72268300-1363363542.jpg

All I can say is that you clearly have skills for photoshop and I think your final exhibition is on mathematical 'beauty' right? It seems pretty ironic that there doesn't seem to be any sort of logic applied to that potential design. Not trying to beat you down, but I'm certain you can do a shit load better even without anyones help!

You've got that camera logo, why not have a card with that same shape, similar location, punched out? Might be a bit more expensive but it'll be attention-grabbing.

Literally all you'd need is on one side, the punched camera and Dave Harding Creative by it, and some minimal contact details. The fact there's a camera cutout will suggest you're a photographer, so you needn't necessarily put photography on there, although you could go for 'photography | digital imaging' or something if you want to let people know you're good for photoshop too.

post-15043-0-82997200-1363392566_thumb.p

You can stamp out just the aperture in the lens or the whole camera shape. Stamping the lens out would be cheaper/easier.

Edited by Revolver

Ive only really checked out moo.com but haven't really found any company's that offer "stamping" has anyone got any links? i really don't mind paying the money for a few Bespoke business cards, i'm already settled on offering out some standard ones, but id like something a bit special for my final exhibition is all

My main advice would be to get someone who knows what they're doing on the case. Come up with a bunch of solid ideas which will then give the designer something to work with and life'll be sweet. Go as crazy as you like, if it's a small batch you can afford to do some really nice, quirky things. Network at uni and go find someone ont he graphics course who'll help you out. If you've got enough of an idea together it really won't take them long to do.

I'm currently helping a mate out with some branding for his company and he has no idea what he's after, it's a total ballache and the whole being-my-mate-and-doing-it-mates'-rates thing is f**king awkward. Hey ho, live and learn.

Edit; This has got some cool stuff on it; clicky.

Edited by Skoze