Looking for Pick up truck advice!

Al_Fel

Great minds of trialsforum I need a little bit of help. I need a new car and I'm thinking about getting a Mitsubishi L200. Insurance isn't a problem, I don't do many miles a year and I'm looking for something to get 5 people and 5 bikes/snowboards/whatever in. I've been looking at 05 models and I really like the look of them. Could anyone share their experiences good and bad about the L200 and also anything else they would recommend.

I don't really want to spend any more than 4k and less than that would be brilliant.

They're not particularly big inside, especially the back seats and they absolutely drain fuel. That's my experience with them anyhow!

EDIT: Personally if I was after something suitable I'd be on the lookout for something like a VW Transporter or similar.

Nissan Navaras are decent. I'm on my second D40 navara. They do about 450ish miles to a tank depending how you drive. I think they look a lot better as well, but that's just me! My last one was on 202,000ish miles and was still going strong until someone ran into the back of me and wrote it off. Current one is at 100,000 miles and I have had no major problems with it.

Look into them, D40 models are from 2005 onwards. Anything before will be the D22 which from driving one for a few months are slower and drink a hell of a lot more fuel. Plus the rear sears were very small. The D40 is very comfortable and lots of room!

A local mate just got one, it's alright. Just make you you don't ditch trials for your car haha.

We can lay 2 bikes flat in the boot with the boot guard thing down or whatever it is, but I'm sure if you got bike mounts you could get 5 easily. Inside the car there's enough room for the front, but in the back it's quite small. You can choose between 2WD and 4WD, and I think my mate got it for £2500 or £3000 with £2000 insurance.

Hope that helped.

Insurance wise I've got a trade policy already so it will just be going on that so it wont cost me anything to insure.

I'm really liking the 2005 Warrior model of the L200 I like the look of it, the features and it seems to be considered better as a pick up truck than the new ones!

I wouldn't have a Defender if you gave me one! Haha my mates dad had one and all he ever seemed to be doing was fixing it! It drank the juice and they are prone to getting stolen. Plus they are way out of my budget.

I've been reading reviews and watching videos of L200 and Navara. So far the L200 seems better off road and Navara seems to be better on road. I don't think I'd be able to get the later Nissan with in my budget so I'm swaying towards the L200.

Please keep the advice coming chaps and anything else that you think is worth a mention let me know and I'll look in to it.