Fake try-All ISIS cranks?

Scoox

Living in China has made me very wary of counterfeit products. I want to get a pair of Try-All cranks and I saw these ones on Taobao (a Chinese online marketplace) for about 30 quid, which seems too low for an imported product. Here is a pic:

post-25205-0-44953200-1367840590_thumb.p

As you can see, they are black. The ones Tarty sells are silver and those are the ones I see everywhere, never seen the black ones in any shop or on a bike. However, they are featured on the Try-All webite here. Surprisingly, Try-All couldn't be bothered to list the technical specs of their own products, all they provide is a shitty low-res picture. As usual, Tartybikes provide more information and better pictures than the manufacturers themselves...

So what I would like to know is:

• Does anyone own these cranks?
  • What are they made of i.e. 6061 or 7075 alu, forged or CNCd, etc.

Thanks guys

Edited by Scoox

There are some that are forged and the more expensive CNC ones too, the CNC ones now have a different graphic / surface pattern and come in silver. I used to have some CNC ones in black that looked like the ones in the picture.

I guess they are made in china anyway, some counterfeit stuff is made in the same factory illegally or in a near by factory using the same designs stolen from the original factory by the guy employed to make them. They just don't bother with the Quality control check to save money.

But I don't think that helps, you may not even get the ones in the picture....

also the forged ones are only £40 in UK from tarty

That's cool then, buying stuff online here is very safe and you can return a product if you are not happy with it, so I think I am getting a set. I was just afraid it might be a hard-to-tell fake. Cheers guys!

dscf4794h.jpg

These are the ones I had, the flat fronts are the older ones. Notice the backs have a zig-zag pattern, thats what i meant by CNC but i am not sure if they are actually CNC. The cheaper Try-All ones have a scoop line same as the trialtechs and echo forged cranks. As they are £30 Im guessing that they are the expert ones below, which is only £10 less, so I would be fairly confident that they were genuine.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/cranks_pair/tryall_expert_isis/c514p11216.html

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/cranks_pair/tryall_isis/c514p52.html

No way they are fake. The ones pictured are real.

Any form of forging tooling is to expensive just to start knocking out 'fake' cranks.

Can you get an English version of that site ?

Edited by dave33

No way they are fake. The ones pictured are real.

Any form of forging tooling is to expensive just to start knocking out 'fake' cranks.

Can you get an English version of that site ?

use google chrome to open it

And www.trialscabana.com sells them for about £40 and there real

Edited by JamieWilliams

But they could be cast..? No-one would be any the wiser without chopping them up (or at least a bit off)!

Adam

It's perfectly possible to cast strong castings. All down to the material used.