Removing ISIS cranks no tool

the mysterious leemur

Just ride about with the bolts out I'm sure they'll work themselves loose after bit... :wink:

No, don't. If you do that then the tapers will be destroyed.

Just buy a crank extractor, any other method is a bodge.

Bog roll around the crank arm, hit it with a knocking stick as close to the bb as you can, job done

Do you remember that time Flipp and I swapped frames? We hit it so hard the spindle was coming out of the bearings but the crank still didn't come off.

That sucked.

Nah they won't, ive done it before, as soon as you feel they are loose stop riding.

Yes, they will. Trust me, I've done it before. If cranks come loose under force, the tapers have been damaged already. Might only be a tiny amount, but it's often enough so that you can never get them fully seated again and thus cause them to work loose in the future and become totally f**ked.

I proved it once on a set of cranks fitted to a bike I bought brand new!

Yes, they will. Trust me, I've done it before. If cranks come loose under force, the tapers have been damaged already. Might only be a tiny amount, but it's often enough so that you can never get them fully seated again and thus cause them to work loose in the future and become totally f**ked.

I proved it once on a set of cranks fitted

Ah that sucks.

If you have got an old square taper tool or motorbike flywheel tool. Put two 5p coins in to adapt the tool to isis.

Try a bike shop they won't charge more than 2-3 quid.

Or a motorbike shop

I know the hammer way works most times but if there that tight its gotta be a tool to do it