RSI / tennis elbow

Tony Harrison

Anybody got any remedies worth trying? It's just this mild ache in my left elbow - fairly sure I've had it before. Doesn't impair strength too much, but it's annoying. I use a computer all day, and my posture might be a bit undesirable. Plus my desk has a curve on it, and I just noticed that my left arm is always resting on the edge differently to my right arm. I use a laptop with a trackpad, so no mouse.

Thanks!

Hold your arm out straight and slowly flex your wrist back and forth(knuckles up, Knuckles down ). Do this for a few minutes.

Then get small hammer hold it in your hand as if you were going to use it (thumb facing upwards and slowly flex your wrist. Do this as much as your can and it should help.

Its quite hard to explain so you may not understand :P

Golfers elbow is different. I had tendonitis a while ago and it takes a long time to go. It can reoccur real easy to. I still use a mouse left handed now for prolonged use. If i was you, get to NHS physio for advice and ditch the PC right away. It will only get worse as the muscles tire. Or learn left handed. Trigger point therepy helped me but it isn't a cure. When i first got it i couldn't even manual anymore. The few days previous to it i was riding fine with the same slight pain. So that's just a heads up.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I got it in my right arm years ago, and swapped to using the left hand on the mouse. Now though I don't use a mouse. It just seems to come and go.

Unfortunately I live abroad, so no NHS. I could do with improving my posture or I could start using a mouse with the right hand...

I had it last year and stretching and exercises sorted it out. While I was doing that I used my left hand for the mouse and now I'm back using my right but with an upright mouse. It's more of a natural position than a normal mouse and defiantly helps the Tennis elbow to not recur.

I basically did what this guy is doing. You can turn your hand so the palm is facing away from the body to stretch the tendon even more but don't go too overboard with it.