Last Video on Echo 24

DangerousDave

• 11 months later...

How does the Radix compare to the Echo?

The Radix is definitely a higher quality frame. Lighter, stiffer, great finish. The Echo is still good quality, but not quite up to the same level which is expected given the lower price point.

Both ride well. If 24" trials frames were placed on a continuum with one end being 20" and the other being 26", the Radix would probably fall closer to the 26 side than the Echo. The Radix has longer stays and longer reach. I can go bigger on the Radix, especially with rolling moves. I run 175mm cranks which feels perfect for me. On the Echo, 175s make the gear feel too easy and it's tough to maintain tension when you're doing pedaling moves.

For me, they're the only two 24s I'd really consider riding. That being said, I've just ordered another Radix frame which will mark the first time in 16 years that I'll be riding the same bike two seasons in a row which should tell you something...

That being said, I've just ordered another Radix frame which will mark the first time in 16 years that I'll be riding the same bike two seasons in a row which should tell you something...

Why is that? Has it only lasted you one year?

Why is that? Has it only lasted you one year?

The frame is still fine, no cracks or anything, but I'm about to head over to Europe to do three world cups and world champs and I'm not risking any bike failure. Otherwise I'd just keep riding it.

You've got a really nice 'light' style (if that makes sense). Good to watch (Y)

Thanks Mark!