side hop tips

tom@eastcoasttrials

Relax on the back wheel before you hop.

Look just above the edge of the wall. So further than what you're actually aiming for.

Don't get too close to the wall.

Get the right body movement when you do it.

Hop when your tyre is compressed on the floor, not before as that really helps bounce.

Also start on pallets and work your way higher :)

Been practicing sidehops for the last month or so and although I am happy with my improvement I cant avoid jumping a bit backwards everytime. I see everyone jumps either to the side or a bit forward but I cant. Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? Also, my lead foot is the right one and I sidehop to the right as well. I've noticed majority of people do it to the other side... any tips?

• Like 1

Been practicing sidehops for the last month or so and although I am happy with my improvement I cant avoid jumping a bit backwards everytime. I see everyone jumps either to the side or a bit forward but I cant. Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? Also, my lead foot is the right one and I sidehop to the right as well. I've noticed majority of people do it to the other side... any tips?

You see some people go backwards so dont worry about it if it works

Change it up, It will be difficult at the beginning for you to learn to go to the left, if possible you should always sidehop, to the opposite side of the foot forward you are, because in the long run it will help you. watch the video i put in here :)

Can you do smaller ledges from the back wheel and land on the back wheel instead to both wheels.

This may help you?

If it is just on the back wheel I am good, the trouble comes when I try both wheels. However I go much higher with both wheels at the same time. Thanks anyway.

Change it up, It will be difficult at the beginning for you to learn to go to the left, if possible you should always sidehop, to the opposite side of the foot forward you are, because in the long run it will help you. watch the video i put in here :)

I watched the video, thanks. I can see the problem in the long run like you say. Sometimes I hit my right pedal against the wall if I get very close.

Im going this weekend to Radfest so Im sure I will get some good tips!!

Thanks a lot, Im focusing now on my kung fu sound, not sure if I will go for a "HHHHEEEEEIAA" or a "HHHEAAAAIEEEE" :ninja::ninja::cheers:

• Like 1