Quick Play On My Marino

isitafox

Finally after months of messing about I've had a bit of a play on my Marino, got the rear rim brake fitted and working very nicely but not got a front on it yet.

Anyway, here's a short clip filmed by my 5yr old son (hence the jumpy camera work!) from earlier on.

• Like 1

This will sound very very weird, but could you explain to me (as detailed as you can possibly get, even your thoughts) on your pedal-kicks ? Here's what I noticed so you get an idea: you seem to move your body and not pedal at all, and at the eeeeeeend of the movement you do a small kick.

I seem to be having problems gapping "far-ish" because I "roll" my wheels more than what I should (I kick since the very beginning apparently and my wheel dives down like the freaking titanic) and you seem you could be doing that even with your brakes locked.

Edited by valk

without wanting to spam daves thread,i think its the perfect mix of good,precise locking brake pads,the right gear ratio and bars/stem setup.if that all comes together nicely you just have to get the "on/off" technique dialled.has a lot to do with how and when you release your rear brake imo

bikes looking pretty well suited btw isitafox

Edited by FamilyBiker

I'd put it more down to the fact I'm very rusty and getting used to something completely different. I broke my ankle in March and this is the first time I've done something other than ride round in circles on that bike. Also I'm not used to riding a bike with such short chain stays and high BB so I'm still adjusting to it.

Cheers for the comments otherwise, will be bit easier when I get a front brake on it!

Finally after months of messing about I've had a bit of a play on my Marino, got the rear rim brake fitted and working very nicely but not got a front on it yet.

Anyway, here's a short clip filmed by my 5yr old son (hence the jumpy camera work!) from earlier on.

that's pretty cool ;) (about your son I mean)

want to see more riding

bike looks nice

I like the bar angle