pads not working

trialsiain

Use a wide mtb rim instead of a trials one. Iv been using a dmr backline rim thats had the same grind on it for nearly 2 years and with heatsink yellows and phatworks pads the brakes been awesome even without tar!

Nothing beats an Echo Rim for grinds, I have tryed mulitple different brands, the Onza Diamond being the worst!

Currently running an Echo TR on the rear and it is fantastic, always stick with Echo.

Tom

I'm using echo on the front, you can tell its harder material just by the noise the grinder makes.

Yea you can, odd how all companies use a slightly different metal and the performance varies so dramatically. I found that the grind on my Onza Diamond I had on my Mod only lasted half the amount of time the Echo grind does.

I've got a trialtech rim on the rear of mine, think its a sport, the one with round holes. It holds a grind amazingly well, and works in such an epic fashion with cousts that everybody I ride with says its the loudest brake they've ever heard. And its savage as hell

Echo rims forever. Running a try all atm because it was cheap and smooth, don't think I'd bother grinding it

The TryAll rims I have had were not too bad with a grind, I just find that the bite is always more noticeable on an Echo rim. How do you find running smooth with Heatsinks as I may consider front Vee and some point with a smooth rim and Heatsinks but keep the rear with a grind?

Smooth rim, front v with yellows is the best front brake I've ever had, clean or tar both work amazing. Josh Burkett ran this setup too and that says enough about its power :P

I'm running echo front rim on a grind, vee, coust cnc pads. And I'm pretty sure it's more powerful than Joshes old brake, and the fact it'll work in the rain too is a bonus. ;)

I'm running echo front rim on a grind, vee, coust cnc pads. And I'm pretty sure it's more powerful than Joshes old brake, and the fact it'll work in the rain too is a bonus. ;)

I hate ground rims, hate the look and hate how they fold easier, alright for working in the rain but I can live with just riding in the dry.

I hate ground rims, hate the look and hate how they fold easier, alright for working in the rain but I can live with just riding in the dry.

I hate the look too, my wheels have only been ground once front & rear so should be fine. And yeah same, but I've been out many times where a slight drizzle comes where it's not gonna put the riding off as it's so gentle but my brakes wouldn't work. I've a fair bit of experience of smooth and grinds, and overall I'd say I prefer grinds but I do love smooth rims now and again.

I've had my fair share of both and think grinds are overrated, so much effort to put on a fresh grind every few weeks and get swarf all over your tyre and it's all too much :'(

That's for mod anyway, stocks are a different story.

Fair enough you base your choices on looks and maybe fashion. That's totally your choice, I personally much rather just grind my rim ever now and then, months rather than weeks and rep the benifits, maybe just cycling across some damp grass can be enough to spoil brakes on a smooth rim, you don't have to be hard core storm conditions!

Fair enough you base your choices on looks and maybe fashion. That's totally your choice, I personally much rather just grind my rim ever now and then, months rather than weeks and rep the benifits, maybe just cycling across some damp grass can be enough to spoil brakes on a smooth rim, you don't have to be hard core storm conditions!

yeah that's it i'm a huge fashion follower and looks whore

Black smooth rims look cool on the right bike. But are only good for street... in summer.

I've ground my k2 rims twice in 10 months. And the argument about ground rims being more likely to fold is pretty much irrelevant unless you grind on a weekly basis as you said.