what 20" to buy?

alastair34

after re igniting my trials riding after 5 years out building fast cars!

last bike i had was a short xtp

been looking on tarty bikes at the echo full built bikes seem good value for money and light too,

these two

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_trials_bikes/echo_lite_dual_disc_2013/c10p11565.html

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_trials_bikes/echo_lite_sl_dual_disc/c10p11616.html

anything else worth looking at and what are people thoughts around these bikes?

also are the brakes echo own or hope rebranded?

ta

So.. These 2 bikes has a quite similiar spec, the second one is a 'lighter' version with titanium parts etc. If your looking for something light to play around with I'd chose the second one, but if you're more after reliability then go with the first one! With lightness, weakness also comes in (usually).

I'm more the guy who likes a bike I can truly trust, and for that I'd chose the first one and changed the brakes to shimano saints or magura mt2's.

The brakes are echo's own, but they are quite similiar to hopes though. From MY experience, they suckkkkk.

EDIT: A bit more information on what you're after would make it a lot easier for me to help you :)

Edited by williams

If it was a compete bike you where after I'd spend the little extra and go for this: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_trials_bikes/rockman_manus/c10p11093.html

But to be honest your best bet is to build one up from scratch if you're going to spend £1000 on a bike you might as well have it built exactly how you'd like it,

Edited by BradJohnson

Ive just bought another echo mod a 2011 model which has a better geo than the 2013 one in your first link and ive had the sl which you have added in your second link.

Imo the earlier model has better geo than both of them but out of those two it would be the SL everyday for me feels very light and the wb is a bit longer plus the ti bb and bits are nice too.

Edit. Take the advice above and go custom because you would have to change some parts on them echos especially the brakes which will set you back about £300.

Edited by i like cunning stunts

Hi,

After a light reliable bike, the ti parts are the only difference really from what I can see and they should be no weaker than there cheaper counterparts

Brakes though I am concerned about as I want these to be spot on!

The thing is though that the frame is really really thin, so if you are a 'basher' then you are going to have a hard time ;)