16-13 gearing any good?

goanywhere

Ive been running 16:13 on my limey 4 for the past few months and ive been really getting on with it, I say go for it.

Ffw setup? Was looking into this for the 24 16-12, but all the 16t fw on tarty say to run on the rear or they'll die pretty quick. No issues with chain length either?

No issues with chain length either?

Do you mean in terms of where the rear wheel needs to sit in the dropouts? If so then as the ratio is so close to 18-15 a quick check of my chainstay length chart shows the suitable stay lengths are almost exactly the same

Do you mean in terms of where the rear wheel needs to sit in the dropouts? If so then as the ratio is so close to 18-15 a quick check of my chainstay length chart shows the suitable stay lengths are almost exactly the same

Halfway there then haha 16t fw with some balls is needed, tarty seem a bit dubious about sticking them on yhe front though.

great stuff. would you say its on the stiff side or slackish?

It is quite stiff, but I have always used lighter gear ratios than most people. its weird jumping on the 24" street bike and having an easier ratio. need to sort that out!

Ffw setup? Was looking into this for the 24 16-12, but all the 16t fw on tarty say to run on the rear or they'll die pretty quick. No issues with chain length either?

No pro 2. cant understand why people are using front free wheels and complaining every 3 months that its died, but my last pro 2 saw 7 years! so much better.

As for chain stay length, on my limey the wheel is right at the end of the dropout, which I am happy with as the longer chainstays help with gaps, but more importantly, the dropout is well supported and less likely to break as there is a bolt increasing stiffness after a dodgy sidehop.

Cheers, Ash

Edited by Ash-Kennard

cant understand why people are using front free wheels and complaining every 3 months that its died

FFW offers far better weight distribution, as it keeps more weight central to the bike. The die every 3 months because they have too many fecking EPs these days. I had a Tensile 60 click that lasted for 4 years and never skipped, because I serviced it every 6 months or so.

FFW offers far better weight distribution, as it keeps more weight central to the bike. The die every 3 months because they have too many fecking EPs these days. I had a Tensile 60 click that lasted for 4 years and never skipped, because I serviced it every 6 months or so.

Yes muel. I've had my tensile 60 click for nearly 3 years now, and it's never missed a beat. I've had an echo sl inbetween, that lasted 3 months and ive always gone back to my trusty old tensile. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another