Fancying a full Susser..

Tom Booth

I couldn't be without one now. I rode last summer for a few rides without one and it's like going back in time. When you've got a stealth one it feels like witchcraft.

P.S. Do any of guys know anyone who's looking for a new MTB? I'm selling my Nukeproof at a huge saving off the RRP and looking at getting it gone! Sized Medium if you know anyone....

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this 2months now and still not bored of it :) went to the woods last night and found the shortest but pretty nice mini DH run to play on.

I've dropped pressure from 280psi in the rear to 250/60psi and it rides beautifully. Before it felt nice but a tad stiff, now it's really floaty but kicks you along nicely. Oddly the little rubber band on the rear shocks only 2/3rds down the travel, before at a higher pressure I could nearly bottom it!

Anyone using high rollers as a trail tyre? I'm reasonablehappy with the nobby nice but they have washed out a couple of times, at a lower pressure they're mega draggy thou. I'm set for a new rear tyre and I've always enjoyed the high rollers as a trials tyre, but never done any trail stuff with them.

Open to suggestions too if anyone else is using good gear..

• Like 1

I really like the ITS xc system 5s I'm running now, they need to be run pretty low to get grip though, I found that much above 30psi and they could be really slippy when cranked over although that could be down to technique as much as anything. Running them tubeless @ 20-25 psi makes them very compliant and seen to grip well, don't seem to be any draggier either.

Light, cheap and work well with a ghetto tubeless setup, they work for me but you might need something with a slightly heavier carcass to suit your (ahem) advanced weight* :)

*relatively speaking compared to my whippet like build, I think my poor intense is still feeling a bit squashed from when you flattened it :D

It means there's a Medium Nukeproof Mega TR frame up for grabs. Common Andrew….it's time to move on from the Five ;)

Can't afford another new frame in my life at the moment! :ermm:

Moving to a house...with a garage! :dance:

Although the thought of moving away from the Five appeals...

Can't afford another new frame in my life at the moment! :ermm:

Moving to a house...with a garage! :dance:

Although the thought of moving away from the Five appeals...

You can never have enough….and now you'll have a garage you need to fill it! :)

Well if you ever fancy a spin or a look let me know as i'm selling it at trade pricing.

Have you given the Cotic a razz yet?

You can never have enough….and now you'll have a garage you need to fill it! :)

Well if you ever fancy a spin or a look let me know as i'm selling it at trade pricing.

Have you given the Cotic a razz yet?

Still need to take the Cotic out for a proper ride, I'm doing the Red Bull Hill Chaser again so I'll use it for that...

• 1 month later...

drivetrain and brakes; i used two bikes with sram 11 speed, it was fantastic compared the the 2*10 i used, i looked on crc at the cost of cassettes and i'd preffer to stick with shimano cause they're cheaper and i'd presume i'd get equal quality from either.

my experience of shimano brakes has been superb, avids have never impressed me like shimano have, so i'd preffer shimano brakes too (Y). i'm planning on working for a bike shop so i'm not too price conscious, i just want the right kit straight away or i'll waste money getting it later on...

Well in that case I certainly wouldn't chose a bike based on it's drivetrain….what appeals to you bike wise at the moment? What sort of stuff will you be riding? How much travel are you thinking about? Do you want an angry enduro bike or a light XC ripper?

i want an enduro machine. i was so impressed with the specialized enduro, but i'd want to try a few machines at that price point before comiting obviously. i guess 130-150, i'm not aversed to 9ers at all.

i want an enduro machine. i was so impressed with the specialized enduro, but i'd want to try a few machines at that price point before comiting obviously. i guess 130-150, i'm not aversed to 9ers at all.

I'm biased but I would say try the Lapierre Spicy, I have a Team version and it's incredible.

The Santa Cruz Bronson is the poster boy of the current Enduro crop, I've not tried one but it looks a little short to me. The Enduros themselves do look great and are very popular. At the cheaper end you've got the Nukeproof Mega AM which is a blast. The Norco range is a popular as are some of the current Rocky Mountain carbon bikes.Yeti Sb66…YT industries Capra (hell of a lot of bike for the money - if you can get one). The Intense carbines and Tracers look incredible. I don't like them but a lot of people like the Canyons, but I suppose the benefits with you working in a bike shop won't be so relevant.